This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

So What Is Every One Eating...?

zachsmom

jmj0803 Apprentice

I use Sherrie's frozen pie crust for all my one crust pies. I have not found a recipe for pie crust that tastes as good yet. 2 for $7.00 at the below address. It works in a pinch. My health food store carries them, if you like them ask yours to carry them.

Open Original Shared Link The brand is sherrie's gluten free

www.123glutenfree.com has a great biscuit mix Southern Glory Biscuit Mix. This is pricey at $7.00 per box I try to keep at least two in the house at all times for quick meals. If I have time Betty Hagman's Featherlight Biscuit recipe is also good. If you would like it let me know.

Cherrybrook kitchen has a great chocolate cake mix in a box.

Around Passover you can find alot of Gluten Free baked goods in kosher stores. Try and see if there are any in your area.

Cinderella Sweets out of New York makes alot of gluten free goodies and they taste great.

Cinderella Sweets Inc

874 Lakeside Drive

Woodmere, New York 11598

Phone: (516) 374 - 7976

Fax: (516) 374 - 7787

Once you know what you like the web site is Open Original Shared Link. This site only states a few things are gluten free, however I have found most are.

Hope this helps!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MomandDadtoOGS Newbie

Hi Zachsmom--

I know what you are saying and where you are coming from. Our daughter will be 3 this weekend and was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease. It's hard enough for them as kids to have a food allergy and be "different" from other kids so I do my best to "normalize" things for her. I buy lots of the Gluten-Free Pantry and Bob's Red Mill mixes. They make great cakes, cookies, and especially brownies. I don't make them all of the time but when birthdays come around and the holidays, I absolutely get in the kitchen and bake things. I just had her school birthday party-- 40 regular cupcakes for her classmates and teachers and 1 very special gluten-free brownie with icing for herself! :) I'm also going to try to make my own ice cream cake soon as an alternative dessert. When we go to functions, I try to bring a dessert that everyone can eat or at least something for my husband and daughter so they aren't left out. We recently made Fruity Pebble and Coco Pebble treats (made just like Rice Krispy treats) and they were a huge hit.

Also, many of the Gluten-Free pantry baked items can be frozen and just defrosted when needed. HTH!

taweavmo3 Enthusiast

Lonewolf......can you share you gingerbread house recipe??? This is one thing that we used to do all the time, and we didn't do it last year (our first Christmas gluten-free). I'd really like to start the tradition back up again, it's one of our favorites! Thanks.

valzues Rookie
So my question is this .... my baby food period is running out....

I have been really overly scared and paranoid about accidental glutening... since I have done this so on accident.. But besides health food stores .... where are you guys getting your foods... I have ordered a food chemical book... But I went to Walt Disney this weekend and realized that my son as a toddler and a pre schooler is going to have it rough. I have been told by everyone here ... meats ... veggies fruits ... but where do you get gluten free pies gluten free cakes ... crakers ... cookies... ( not that I am trying to turn my kid into a junkie for crappy food... But I have 2 other kids that are at the start of the year ... are going gluten free,,,,, if the baby has to everyone is going to ... for hopes for a healthier life... But I guess I was hoping to just get gluten free everything... But is that possible... like gluten free bisquick? How do you ask if a resturaunt has gluten free stuff especially ifyour stuff is cooked with gluten foods. .... ? is it possible ... to do this with out gettting all mad and frustrated ...

So my question is this .... my baby food period is running out....

I have been really overly scared and paranoid about accidental glutening... since I have done this so on accident.. But besides health food stores .... where are you guys getting your foods... I have ordered a food chemical book... But I went to Walt Disney this weekend and realized that my son as a toddler and a pre schooler is going to have it rough. I have been told by everyone here ... meats ... veggies fruits ... but where do you get gluten free pies gluten free cakes ... crakers ... cookies... ( not that I am trying to turn my kid into a junkie for crappy food... But I have 2 other kids that are at the start of the year ... are going gluten free,,,,, if the baby has to everyone is going to ... for hopes for a healthier life... But I guess I was hoping to just get gluten free everything... But is that possible... like gluten free bisquick? How do you ask if a resturaunt has gluten free stuff especially ifyour stuff is cooked with gluten foods. .... ? is it possible ... to do this with out gettting all mad and frustrated ...

Hi, THE BEST is Pamela's mixes. OH MY GOSH, the chocolate cake is the best! The whole family loved the cake, you could not even tell it was gluten-free. I used her bread pizza mix last night and made great pizza. I tried Good Pantry and it's just OK in my book. I also have Pamela's pancake mix too. YUMMY! Good luck.

I use Sherrie's frozen pie crust for all my one crust pies. I have not found a recipe for pie crust that tastes as good yet. 2 for $7.00 at the below address. It works in a pinch. My health food store carries them, if you like them ask yours to carry them.

Open Original Shared Link The brand is sherrie's gluten free

www.123glutenfree.com has a great biscuit mix Southern Glory Biscuit Mix. This is pricey at $7.00 per box I try to keep at least two in the house at all times for quick meals. If I have time Betty Hagman's Featherlight Biscuit recipe is also good. If you would like it let me know.

Cherrybrook kitchen has a great chocolate cake mix in a box.

Around Passover you can find alot of Gluten Free baked goods in kosher stores. Try and see if there are any in your area.

Cinderella Sweets out of New York makes alot of gluten free goodies and they taste great.

Cinderella Sweets Inc

874 Lakeside Drive

Woodmere, New York 11598

Phone: (516) 374 - 7976

Fax: (516) 374 - 7787

Once you know what you like the web site is Open Original Shared Link. This site only states a few things are gluten free, however I have found most are.

Hope this helps!

Hi, try Pamela's pie crust mix. My mom made me a pie for thanksgiving and it was good crust. It makes two pies. Worth the 4.50 a bag.

Archived