This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free In Regular Grocery Stores

zachsmom

zachsmom Enthusiast

Ah I can not believe my eyes..... :rolleyes:

I went to super target ... ( and my local publix ) and I found the pamelas mixes ..... kinniknick .. bobs ... gluten free pasta noodles.... The stuff seems cheaper than at whole foods.... But I am in shock ..... there were cake mixes ... and brownie mixes... all gluten free.

I just wanted to share..... I think its great. maybe by the time my toddler is 10 .... gluten free will start to become a mainstream consideration... that is a big step to have all that stuff at super target and publix..... I am just suprised..... happy but suprised.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

prinsessa Contributor

I also noticed Gluten-free food at a lot more places. It is so exciting!!!

happygirl Collaborator

I have gotten gluten-free products at Giant, Kroger, Harris Teeter, Farm Fresh, Safeway, Ukrops,.....

it IS great to see them in so many places! It is so much more mainstream even from 2.5 years ago when I was dx'ed.

Laura

dragonmom Apprentice

I work at a Star market , part of Albertsons. There are more and more people buying gluten-free products and as that number increases the choices of items are growing. I worked in a smaller store for years, and they had pasta , cookies, flour ,xanthum gum and a lot of basics, I was transfered to a larger store and can buy frozen pizza dough, english muffins and a lot more stuff. Every month or so there seems to be more new stuff. As I've traveled to different parts of the country it seems like there is always some section for the gluten-free individual.

arc Newbie

The only mainstream grocery store in our area that has any specialty gluten-free food is one called Super 1. They carry Bob's Red Mill stuff and Tinkyada pasta. Safeway and Super Wal-Mart have nothing. :angry: Fortunately, we have a small health foods store, kind of a mini Whole Foods, that carries a lot of gluten-free food and actually has it cheaper than Super 1.

FeedIndy Contributor

Meijer has a very large selection of gluten free products! They carry Glutino, Tinkyada, Amy's, Chebe, EnviroKids... It was so great to find all the things I buy right at my grocery store. They don't seem to be much cheaper than Wild Oats, but at least it saves a trip!

wolfie Enthusiast

I have seen many gluten-free products in Meijier, Kroger & Giant Eagle. Gluten-free Pantry, Glutino, Cherrybrook Kitchen, Enjoy Life, Tinkyada, Mi-Del, Bob's Red Mill are some of the ones I have seen.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

I find gluten-free products at Wegmans (fantastic selection), Shop Rite, and until recently--Acme. They have completely remodeled the store, and at the same time, stopped carrying The Gluten Free Pantry and Bob's Red Mill and the few others that they offered.

Archived