This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Found New gluten-free Cereal Today!

ptkds

ptkds Community Regular

I was shopping this morning and I saw a new cereal on display. I checked it out, and it is gluten-free!!! It is "Disneys Little Einsteins Fruity Stars". There was another to. I don't remember the name of it cuz I didn't buy it. But it looked like Fruity rice crispies. They were both made by general mills. I was excited!

Just wanted to share so others can look for it for their kids! My dd loves it!

ptkds

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Laurad- Apprentice

Woo hooo! I'm totally buying it!

cajun celiac Rookie

I am so excited! I LOVE cereal and I am so tired of eating the same stuff over and over. And I totally love cereal with marshmellows.

Guhlia Rising Star

Has anyone heard of a General Mills cereal called Kaboom? It's on their website and appears to be gluten free. It's a corn based cereal with marshmallows in it. Yum! It sounds great. I really miss my Lucky Charms. Is General Mills one of those companies that will list any and all gluten?

sfm Apprentice
Has anyone heard of a General Mills cereal called Kaboom? It's on their website and appears to be gluten free. It's a corn based cereal with marshmallows in it. Yum! It sounds great. I really miss my Lucky Charms. Is General Mills one of those companies that will list any and all gluten?

I was curious about this cereal for my kids - but it says it is made with oat - I thought oat flour was something to avoid?

Guhlia Rising Star
I was curious about this cereal for my kids - but it says it is made with oat - I thought oat flour was something to avoid?

There are no oats or oat flour listed as an ingredient on general Mills' website: Open Original Shared Link.. I've never seen Kaboom. I thought maybe it was one of the brand new cereals.

TCA Contributor

I'm not sure about the cereal, but General Mills will list gluten ingredients. I LOVE the companies that do! The getting started list in my sig line (I know you don't need that) has a list of companies that do list gluten if that might be helpful.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kdsully Newbie

I think GM is a company that will disclose on the label if the flavorings are derived from gluten, but I sent them an e-mail just to check. Also, someone mentioned seeing oat in the ingredient listing for the Kaboom cereal, but I didn't read that. Perhaps I'm missing it? Did anyone else see oat int he ingredients?

zachsmom Enthusiast

Hey that was pretty cool how you can just look at the ingredients... I saw no wheat in the KABOOM ingredinet list... It looks good. tooo ...

Tritty Rookie

They actually make Dora Cinnamon Stars too - I eat them in the morning! They are good and a good source of fiber - my 11 month old LOVES them...

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I bought both the Little Einsteins and the Mickey Mouse cereal the other day, it was on sale 1.60 a box. I opened Little Einsteins and it is very good.

I remember Kaboom from years ago, I believe I did see some recently, I'll let you know.

Guhlia Rising Star
I bought both the Little Einsteins and the Mickey Mouse cereal the other day, it was on sale 1.60 a box. I opened Little Einsteins and it is very good.

I remember Kaboom from years ago, I believe I did see some recently, I'll let you know.

Amanda, if you see Kaboom anywhere near us, let me know! I'm dying to have a marshmallow cereal again. I really miss Lucky Charms. That was one of my favorites in my gluten days.

I bought the Mickey Mouse clubhouse cereal for Tori, but I haven't opened it yet. It just kind of looks like colored, flavored rice crispies without the malt flavoring.

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

I used to eat Kaboom when I was a "tween."

Maybe it's one of those geographic issues, LOL!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Amanda, if you see Kaboom anywhere near us, let me know! I'm dying to have a marshmallow cereal again. I really miss Lucky Charms. That was one of my favorites in my gluten days.

I bought the Mickey Mouse clubhouse cereal for Tori, but I haven't opened it yet. It just kind of looks like colored, flavored rice crispies without the malt flavoring.

I will let you know, there are quite a few stores in Scranton that I shop at that carry different cereals you never see anywhere else.

Sweetfudge Community Regular
I'm not sure about the cereal, but General Mills will list gluten ingredients. I LOVE the companies that do! The getting started list in my sig line (I know you don't need that) has a list of companies that do list gluten if that might be helpful.

how sure are y'all about the cereals being safe? has anyone gotten some sort of response from GM? i'm just wary, and want to know before i get my hopes up :unsure:

FeedIndy Contributor

There are actually 3 cereals in this new release from GM, 2 of which are gluten free. Little Einsteins Stars and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The Disney Princess Flakes are not gluten free!

kenziebug Newbie

You can order Kaboom through amazon...case of 4 boxes. For anyone who is in central Wisconsin area you can buy kaboom at Trig's.

Open Original Shared Link .com/General-Mills-KaBoom...5772969-7012628

Kaboom used to be made with oats...I checked general Mills website and box at Trigs and they have removed oats. Hmmm...General Mills must love us??!! WIll be interesting if they label gluten free if and when the new voluntary labeling goes through (not sure on status of tyhat right now???)

Someone above mentioned that one of the new disney cereals had oats. I do believe maybe she was right. I seen these at trigs at one time and put the box back because I thought there was something in it that celiacs can't have. I never rechecked box at store til this morning. Bought both...Little Einstiens are yummy. Nine grams of sugar...not bad for kid cereal!!!!! I remember seeing a post in another forum to that Dora for a spell wasn't Gluten Free.

vampella Contributor

I might have to give into my husbands whining and go on a trip to the US for spring break for cereal LOL

Kibbie Contributor

I found one today it was Dora Stars by general mills!

Guhlia Rising Star

Has anyone had the new Kaboom formulation, since they eliminated the oats? Is it good? I'd like to order some from Amazon, but I don't want to go through all that if they taste like cardboard.

Nic Collaborator

Someone above posted a link to General Mills and on that link was a list of cereals. I was looking at Cocoa Puffs because my son was heart broken when they put the wheat back in (I actually ran around to all of the supermarkets and bought as many boxes as I could before the new "wheat" boxes came on the shelves :ph34r: ). Anyway, the link showed the ingredients for Cocoa Puffs as being gluten free again (unless the link has old info.). The boxes I see on the shelves are still showing wheat but I wonder if a change is being made again. Anyone know for sure?

Nicole

zachsmom Enthusiast

THE EINSTEIN STARS ARE GOOD!!!!!!!! THE BABY CAN EAT THEM.... WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH CHEERS FROM THE CROWD..... No vomiting.... I am so happy and the mickey mouse one is the same .. yeah .... some one cares.

mcsteffi Rookie

I am sooo glad I saw this thread. We bought the Dora and Mickey cereal the other day and I just couldnt believe it was gluten free. I think I have read the box 50 times thinking I have over looked something my son cant have. lol. Paranoid about a cereal box.!

stef.

Jodele Apprentice

:DThank you guys. My Kids love the Little enstins. They ate it this morrning and they were so happy. I think we sould all email or write and thank GM for making ceral for our kids. The more people writing in mybe they will make more cerals that are gluten free or at least keep the ones that are gluten free, gluten free. I am going to email today.

Thanks

Jodele

squirt2476 Rookie

My 2 year old son loves Coco Puffs. From what I can see, the ones that are 75% reduced sugar are gluten free. The full sugar ones still have wheat. I guess it's a better thing that the less sugar ones are gluten free. Has anyone else noticed the same thing? I haven't actually called on them.

Keri

Archived