This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Has Anyone Ever Tried Dietary Specialties Products?

ElizabethN

ElizabethN Apprentice

I just came across this webiste today when I googled gluten free ravioli (having a major craving attack).

Open Original Shared Link

They have a bunch of things I would love to try like filled pasta shells, spinach ravioli, and fish sticks! But the minimum order is $75 and I am super hesitant to spend that in case it is terrible, like most of the other mail order gluten free food I have tried. But for ravioli?? I am thinking about it...

Can anyone vouch for these products??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

new to LI Newbie

for the first few months i was gluten-free i put up with there products. i could not find anyone else making gluten-free stuffed shells or ravioli. then i found safe harbor foods and have never turned back. if i absoultly had to have ravioli and couldn't find anyone else i guess i would buy dietary specialties again.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I saw this site and have not tried it, the price was what has me still debating, seems like so much and if it is not good you are out almost a $100 buck, and that is hard for me to lose. Hope we do hear back.

I have made my own stuffed shells and they were great. If you want I can dig up the recipe.

gfp Enthusiast

They are not particualrly good....

They also in Europe use CODEX gluten-free.... I can eat limited amounts of this and get sick...

If the products were really good I might think it was worthwhile taking a risk and eating just a little but they are nothing special.

I wouldn't lay out $75 to find out!

ElizabethN Apprentice

This is good to know, sounds like it really isn't worth the money. I was thinking if they were really good, I would have heard of them by now.

I did find that Gluten Free Girl had a recipe for homemade gluten-free ravioli so I am going to have to give that a try this weekend. Thanks everyone!

Chloe'sMommy Newbie

We have tried several of dietary specialties products including the ravioli which is great by the way

I will give you a run down on what we have tried and what we thought of them

chicken nuggets are like really good my kids love them and you get a large bag of them

fish sticks - are ok my kids do eat them but they are very small and crunchy (more breading than meat) and you dont get that many in a box for the price...so we stick with ians brand

Pizzas-YUCK!! small and hard once they are cooked ( you can bang them on the table one they are cooked and they wont break)...We make our own

Cheese Cake -YUMMY...but very small

Lasagna with meat sauce GREAT!! but small for the price

Mac and Cheese my kids love it...

Blueberry Muffin mix - I like it and one kid likes it but one thinks that they are bland

Cornbread mix--WE thought it was Nasty

Pancakes are great

And the brownies......YUMMY!!..we love them ..but we also but Gluten free Panrty brownie Mix...which are just as good for the price

Oh and the stuffed pasta shells.....they are ok I guess I liked them but the kids did not

I hope this helped

kochac Rookie
then i found safe harbor foods and have never turned back.

Is this another brand of gluten-free ravioli? Where can you buy them?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived