This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Grand Canyon/ Williams Az

rbh

rbh Apprentice

We're going to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon in a few weeks with our two teenagers. I know that there are lots of options in Vegas. We are camping in the GC, so some meals are covered. However, we will need some additional restuarnat options near the South Rim entrance and in Williams AZ -- any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

annacsmom Apprentice

I don't know if you'll be making your way to Flagstaff, but if you do, you absolutely have to try Picazzo's Pizza. They have a huge selection of gluten-free pizza, and know all about cc issues, etc. Flagstaff is only 30 minutes from Williams, so it would definitely be worth the trip. Also, there is an Outback Steakhouse (full gluten-free menu) and a Chili's (Limited gluten-free menu). There is also a local health food store, which sells several gluten-free items, in case you need to go shopping. It is called New Frontiers. Hope this helps.

Sandy

• 1 year later...
hippiegirl2001 Newbie
We're going to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon in a few weeks with our two teenagers. I know that there are lots of options in Vegas. We are camping in the GC, so some meals are covered. However, we will need some additional restuarnat options near the South Rim entrance and in Williams AZ -- any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Hello, I am going to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon in 2 weeks, and would love to know if anyone has eaten at any of the eating places at the Xanterra (National Park Service) Lodge. I will take lots of snacks but it seems as if a few meals there are inevitable. Thanks for your input.

rbh Apprentice

We did the exact same trip last year! In the Grand Canyon, we ate dinner at the Bright Angel Restaurant -- I think my daughter had a salad with chicken -- the kitchen broiled it instead of grilling it to avoid cc. We brought our own salad dressing. I think that the ice cream in the ice cream store is Dreyers, which has many gluten free flavors. I think that the upscale restaurant at the Grand Canyon can also accommodate gluten free, but the menu wasn't appealing to our kids. In Williams, we ate at Rod's Steak House.

We stocked up on groceries for the camping trip in Las Vegas -- I think we went to a Wild Oats there. There is a grocery in the Canyon as well, but it doesn't have the full range of options that you'll find in LV.

There is an In and Out burger in Las Vega and also in Kingman Arizona (in between LV and the Grand Canyon). That was a great success. There is also a Dairy Queen en route (I think in Kingman) -- ice cream there is gluten free.

Check our blog, glutenfreediscoveries.blogspot.com -- I have a write up on our trip to the Grand Canyon, and also information about what we took backpacking.

Have fun!

hippiegirl2001 Newbie
We did the exact same trip last year! In the Grand Canyon, we ate dinner at the Bright Angel Restaurant -- I think my daughter had a salad with chicken -- the kitchen broiled it instead of grilling it to avoid cc. We brought our own salad dressing. I think that the ice cream in the ice cream store is Dreyers, which has many gluten free flavors. I think that the upscale restaurant at the Grand Canyon can also accommodate gluten free, but the menu wasn't appealing to our kids. In Williams, we ate at Rod's Steak House.

We stocked up on groceries for the camping trip in Las Vegas -- I think we went to a Wild Oats there. There is a grocery in the Canyon as well, but it doesn't have the full range of options that you'll find in LV.

There is an In and Out burger in Las Vega and also in Kingman Arizona (in between LV and the Grand Canyon). That was a great success. There is also a Dairy Queen en route (I think in Kingman) -- ice cream there is gluten free.

Check our blog, glutenfreediscoveries.blogspot.com -- I have a write up on our trip to the Grand Canyon, and also information about what we took backpacking.

Have fun!

Thank you for the information about the Grand Canyon! I checked out your blog, Loved it!

Thanks again,

Patty H.

Archived