This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Kraft Blue Cheese Dressing

pnltbox27

pnltbox27 Contributor

i was reading the label on the blue cheese dressing from kraft and didnt see anything that looked evil, but i thought i read that blue cheese was a no no. any help would be great

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

psawyer Proficient

Kraft will clearly disclose any source of gluten. If you did not see it in the ingredients, it isn't there. Look for the specific words wheat, rye, barley or oats.

I can't offer personal knowledge on this product, I simply don't like bleu cheese so I don't use this dressing. There are only two or three Kraft dressings that are NOT gluten-free. We use the French and Golden Italian, but most others are also safe. If I recall correctly, the ones with gluten are a ranch and a caesar, but don't rely on me for this. It's Kraft, so just read the label.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
i was reading the label on the blue cheese dressing from kraft and didnt see anything that looked evil, but i thought i read that blue cheese was a no no. any help would be great

I would call the company and find out how the blue cheese is made and will they guarentee that it is gluten-free. There may not be any gluten ingredients per se in this but gluten is used in the formation of most blue cheese.

In addition you need to keep in mind that some of us, not all, will react to distilled gluten grain vineager so I always make sure that it is corn or wood derived. Many companies go with the idea that we can all tolerate distilled grain and will consider an item gluten-free even if it contains it.

I personally don't use Kraft products so I haven't tried this dressing since I am lucky to have a Wegmans near by that clearly labels everything that is safe.

Daxin Explorer

I can say from experience, that the Caeaer dressing has wheat in it. I am not sure about the blue cheese, but I think I rememebr seeing it on the list of products from Kraft that were okay!

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

I have eaten Kraft's Bleu Cheese Dressing regularly for 5 years with no ill effects (I am sensitive)

Chris

pnltbox27 Contributor

thanks guys for the help, i dont even eat the stuff , but was trying to understand reading the labels a little better. im still pretty new to this B)

larry mac Enthusiast

pnltbox27,

That's a new one. Can't wait till ya get to the stuff you do eat! Just kidding. That's a good question.

All the research I did convinced me it is gluten-free. I was wavering until I visited our gluten-free restaurant and discovered blue cheese on the menu.

Some of the bottled products at the store list wheat on the ingredients. Not sure what that's about. Perhaps they just got tired of all the phone calls and figured it was easier this way.

Never have cared for that stuff anyway. From time to time I'll find a restaurant that serves a good blue cheese dressing and buy some from them. Got that from my Mother. Soon as I started to drive, she would have me go to a place a few miles from our house and get some of their wonderful blue cheese dressing. Sometimes restaurant staff will act like they never heard of such a thing, but they soon enough get you some to go. Got spoiled I guess and just never could be satisfied with the store bought stuff.

I've been getting an excellant fresh made version from Central Market in Dallas, 1000% better than bottled!

best regards, lm

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

larry mac Enthusiast

pnltbox27,

Here's some reading from google:

Open Original Shared Link

And some previous threads: