This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Homeopathy

Marlene

Marlene Contributor

Just wanted to share with you my experiences regarding Homeopathy. I went gluten/casein free last July 1 after testing positive for gluten/casein sensitivities with Enterolab. I had also had blood tests done for Celiac before I went gluten free and they came back negative. My gene testing did not show any genes for Celiac so that makes me non-Celiac gluten intolerant.

After about 4 months of gluten free and improved health, I started to notice that I wasn't feeling as great as I had been. I went to a Naturopathic doctor and she treated me as if I were Celiac and gave me Homeopathic drops that really screwed me up. I became much worse after that. Her bubbly receptionist kept insisting that I would get better but it would take time (I was calling in constantly asking what the heck was wrong with me).

I started going to an excellent Homeopathic doctor here in Ontario in January. He is well known and people from miles around come to see him. He told me that my food intolerances (can't eat eggs, onions, green peppers anymore either besides gluten and dairy) are not the problem but a SYMPTOM of my problem. He said that so often people think gluten intolerance is the bottom line, they take gluten out of their diet, feel great for a while, but then other foods start to bother them. They end up eliminating more and more foods as time goes on without getting to the root of the matter. Well, that made me sit up and listen because I think he is absolutely right with that. This does not apply to Celiacs, by the way. If you have Celiac, the problem is gluten itself and your body's response to it. Once the gluten is removed and healing takes place, you will be better.

Homeopathy treats your symptoms which is so great because you do not need a definite diagnosis before you can begin treatment. The Homeopathic doctor I am going to has been treating my symptoms and I am happy to say that I am doing much better. It is not an easy process though because homeopathy is holistic and very specific to the individual. What works for me won't necessarily work for someone else.

I just wanted to share this with you because there are so many people on this forum who have eliminated gluten (and other foods) and are still not getting better. If your intolerances are symptoms of another problem, you won't get completely better until you get to the root of the matter. Something to think about.

Sorry this post is so long. I just think it's worth mentioning. If anyone does want to look into homeopathy, it's a good idea to make sure you go to a recommended homeopathic doctor who knows what he is doing. There are some natural practioners (like the Naturopathic doctor I went to) who mean well but are not knowledgeable enough when it comes to homeopathy to come up with the correct remedies.

Take care,

Marlene

• 3 years later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nutwit Newbie

Hi Marlene,

Could you please give me the contact info of your doctor? I am currently in Dallas, and have been having this problem for a few years now.

Thanks

rain Contributor

Can you also send your homeopath's name to me? I'm in Washington DC.

Thank you & I'm glad you found your doctor. That's in some ways the hardest part!

Archived