This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ritz Crackers

pnltbox27

pnltbox27 Contributor

anybody know of a gluten free version of ritz crackers?? ive seen some of the gluten-free crackers at my grocery store ,but they have limited selection and they look just horrible.i was hoping to find a cracker similar to the ritz version, or im i just dreaming?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SunnyDyRain Enthusiast

I think Glutanio makes a round buttery cracker that is just like it. Havne't tried them yet, but I will as soon as i get to the store to get them :)

JennyC Enthusiast

You are in luck! Glutino makes a cracker that looks just like Ritz, but it does taste a little like a saltine. They are good. I eat gluten but I still eat them with my son. They are the best gluten-free cracker that we have tried so far. You can find them online if you cannot locate them in a store in your area. We also like the Blue Diamond nut thins, but they are not made in a dedicated facility. He also likes the large Energy crackers with cream cheese and lunch meat on them. The Energy Seattle crackers are pretty good also, they kind of remind me of wheat thins...sort of. ;) The rice crackers grow on you after a while too.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

The Glutino crackers are great! They are not hard either, they are flaky and you won't break your jaw biting into them.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Love these crackers!! They taste like a cross between a Ritz and a Saltine.

Open Original Shared Link free.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=108009

• 8 years later...
Oneofhowmany Newbie

Interesting that you should ask. Ritz gave me the signs and symptoms of my gluten allergy years before it other wheat products did. I suspect that company's product is a significant cause of my disease. 

kareng Grand Master
18 minutes ago, Oneofhowmany said:

Interesting that you should ask. Ritz gave me the signs and symptoms of my gluten allergy years before it other wheat products did. I suspect that company's product is a significant cause of my disease. 

This topic is from 2007.   I think they were asking for something gluten-free that is similar to 

ritz crackers.  Not sure we can prove that Ritz cause Celiac. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
mbrookes Community Regular

The Glutino crackers that look like Ritz can be improved by lightly brushing them with butter, sprinkling with a little salt and running in the oven for a few minutes. By the way, why don't gluten free crackers have salt? Most don't and are greatly improved by adding it.

weluvgators Explorer

In Australia Schar has a "Salti" cracker that reminded me of what I remember about Ritz crackers.  I don't understand why this cracker is not sold in USA.  Please let me know if anyone can find a source in USA.

Packaging looks updated from when we were last in Australia, but I assume this is still the same cracker.

Open Original Shared Link

Archived