This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blue Moon

mamabear

mamabear Explorer

Well, we have a blue moon this month.....first full moon was May2 and the next is May 31. Seems to wreak a bit of havoc in my life!!! Has anyone else noticed more disarray and aggravation than usual in their lives........or is it just me :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

LMAO! You need to be around here more during a full moon to know what goes on! Especially a blue moon!!!!

Thanks for letting me know about it - I will get my straightjacket ready for it...... :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Now why am I not suprised to see Karen's name come up in a thread about the moon??? :lol:

..and oh heck, a blue moon?!?!

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Blue moon, full moon, Altoids . . . . . you'll always see Karen pop up!!!!!

BTW: Karen, I LOVE your avatar. It's GREAT

Ann: Yes, the blue moon is wreaking havoc in my life. So far this month, my AMAZING grandmother passed away, and of course they found the "blip" in that artery in my head. DEFINITELY wreaking havoc. Usually, I have had good experiences with blue moons. I guess this is what I get for having good experiences all my life! Personally, I think if I find out that there is going to be a blue moon during another month, I may just go into my cave for the entire MONTH. :ph34r:

Of course, I've been in my "don't want to bother anyone with my woes" cave for quite some time -- but, I need to laugh about it, and lord knows, if I want to laugh, I just need to come here!!!!

xoxoxoxo

Lynne

Lisa Mentor

Blue Moon. ...You saw me standing alone without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own. And there suddenly appeared before me the only one that my arms could ever hold. And I heard somebody, whisper, please adore me and when I looked, the moon had turned to gold.

Ann, my friend, look for the gold moon.

Lisa -- just so you know, since I'm used to singing back-up for Ashley, I'm singing back-up for you:

Blue, Blue, Blue, Blue Moon dip dip dip dip dip

Blue, Blue, Blue, Blue Moon dip dip dip dip dip

xoxoxoxoxo

mamabear Explorer

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

I love this site!!

Karen- are the moons as full in Canada????? BTW, Banff is my absolutely favorite place on earth!

Lisa- I can see the crescent gold moon in my mind! I am in the lull between the 2 big ones, and it is a good place to be

Lynne-I will try and provoke a laugh a day.....as you know, laughter IS the best medicine

11 days and counting til the next one! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ann -- get Karen's straight jacket ready! There was a time . . . in a land far, far away . . . . that she and I bordered on getting into trouble over full moons!! She escaped . . . . . guess who didn't???!!!!! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Lynne, I miss those full-moon parties! Looks like we can have two this month!

Canadian Karen Community Regular
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

I love this site!!

Karen- are the moons as full in Canada????? BTW, Banff is my absolutely favorite place on earth!

Lisa- I can see the crescent gold moon in my mind! I am in the lull between the 2 big ones, and it is a good place to be

Lynne-I will try and provoke a laugh a day.....as you know, laughter IS the best medicine

11 days and counting til the next one! :D

The full moons up in Canada are just like one big massive Altoid!!!!! :lol:

Lisa Mentor

Okay, well I thought it was hilarious. B)

Blue Moon

CarlaB Enthusiast

Lisa -- :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kellygirl Rookie
Lisa -- :lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK I have been cranky and a little bitter, so fill me in on what the Heck a blue moon is, I know what a full moon is. If I am going to use this as an excuse with family and friends I need to sound smart about it so fill me in.

I'm from Canada too and we get big moons out here.

CarlaB Enthusiast

It's when there are two full moons in one month.

Lisa Mentor

We have a history of getting a little bit goofy during the full moon. :ph34r:

Kellygirl Rookie

Well that will at least explain my behaviour for May anyway.

Thanks for the excuse - no really I think I am naturally a little moody. According to my reading this will get better when I find a balance in my diet. I think it gets worse with me because I am obsessive compulsive.

For 3 years or more everyday was 2 raspberry waffles with 2 tbsp of Peanut butter and honey, 1 really hot cup of black coffee and 2 glasses of water. I tried to substitute the gluten free waffles, even tried making my own waffles. Not the same. New breakfast ritual is a bowl with 1 banana, 3 strawberries sliced and 1/2 cup of homemade chocolate pudding dumped over top.

One meal down, 5 to go. I eat 6 times a day so my sugar doesn't drop so if anyone has any snacky fun meals they would like to share, please, I'm all ears.

I really miss my granola bars!!! - Oh well life goes on!

A LITTLE bit goofy?????!!!!! <_<

A horse walks into a bar . . . . .

Bartender asks: "Why the long face?" :P

Just warming up. Haven't gotten to the "hind lick maneuver" stage yet.

ONE BIG MASSIVE ALTOID??????? My question would be "which party will be the recipient of such a curiously strong peppermint? Simply a question, that's all. :ph34r:

BTW: Forgot the rest of the backg-up singing:

Ba Ba Baba, Baba, Baba, Ba; Ba Ba Badag adag adag . . . Oh, forget it. I've been singing these lyrics over and over trying to get them out to write them, then I google'd it and can only get the stupid lyrics, not the backup lyrics for WAY too long. Poop. Sorry about that, for all you "GI" celiacs. You can get me back by saying, "Stagger." :lol:

Lisa Mentor
A LITTLE bit goofy?????!!!!! <_<

A horse walks into a bar . . . . .

Bartender asks: "Why the long face?" :P

Just warming up. Haven't gotten to the "hind lick maneuver" stage yet.

ONE BIG MASSIVE ALTOID??????? My question would be "which party will be the recipient of such a curiously strong peppermint? Simply a question, that's all. :ph34r:

And where is... I presume it is the mail MAN. :huh::ph34r:

OOOOOooooooooooh. Bring it on, Sister!! :angry:

Actually, that was FANTASTIC! :lol::lol::lol:

little d Enthusiast

Howdy Ya'll

It is not affecting me too much, well maybe my foot :lol: But ya'll know that the pull of the full moon affects the labor of women in LABOR well LOL I am not at work to find out :lol::lol::lol: I 'm sure it is affecting the crankiness of the babies in the nursery as well. :lol::lol::lol: Again I not working tonight. Instead I'll get to see my own full moon next to me in bed tonight :rolleyes::unsure::blink: No pun intended

Later Ladies

Donna

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sorry about that, for all you "GI" celiacs. You can get me back by saying, "Stagger." :lol:

I've got Lyme brain, you make perfect sense to me! :lol:

I think Terry's still in the dog house, so the Altoids are his to eat ... does that make him the recipient? :blink:

Good point. Although I think Karen should let him out for selfish reasons. Her decision. She should be the recipient.

CarlaB Enthusiast
She should be the recipient.

But he still has to eat the Altoids.

Lisa Mentor
But he still has to eat the Altoids.

Ya'll are grossing me out!!! :ph34r::P shivers - been married way too long.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Ya'll are grossing me out!!! :ph34r::P shivers - been married way too long.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How long have you been married?

Archived