This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need Ideas!

ptkds

ptkds Community Regular

My youngest dd seems to have a milk-protien allergy and possible a corn allergy. Any ideas on what I can feed her? She isn't really gluten free, but I don't like to bring gluten into the house. So what can I give her? Please help me! I am running out of ideas.

Thanks,

ptkds

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

taweavmo3 Enthusiast

How old is she? I have three kids who are gluten/casein free.....ages 5,3 and 10 months.

Lunch and snacks are the biggest challenges for us, I definately have to get creative sometimes! We do alot of peanut butter b/c it's filling and has alot of protein. We also do alot of fruit, usually apples w/peanut butter and honey. Here are a few other ideas off the top of my head:

Dried fruit, like raisins or cranberries

Hot dogs w/baked beans

Sandwiches w/Kinnikinnick white sandwhich bread

Health Valley Rice Crunch Em's (like rice chex) mixed w/marshmallows and pretzels

Hummus with chips or carrot sticks

Vans gluten free waffles w/peanut butter & honey

Fruit a bu smooshed fruit

Pik Nik potato sticks

Namaste blondies w/dairy free chocolate chips

Pickles

I'm not sure if all of these are corn free as well, but I think most of them are. For lunch, we also do alot of leftovers from dinner. Otherwise, they eat sandwiches, hot dogs, sausage, or diced chicken with a veggie and rice or potatoes.

Hope that helps! I think Gerber wagon wheels are gluten free/casein free, but we haven't tried these yet. They don't look very filling, and I figured my kids would probably devour them in one sitting. I'm all for getting something that is going to fill them up for a while, to help my dollar stretch a bit further. With four kids gluten free, it can get pretty expensive! Good luck.

gfgypsyqueen Enthusiast

Hi, my child sounds exactly like yours! Not gluten-free, but I am gluten-free so there is limited gluten in the house. We also have a nut allergy, so no nuts allowed. I try to buy common foods gluten-free like meats, chips, pretzles, butters, cheeses, yogurts - of course all are dairy free too.

Vegan fake dairy products are the way to go. I kept finding problem ingredients in the non-dairy and lactose free things.

Here are her snacks.

fruit cups - loves manderine oranges.

Loves bananas and apples. Hates strawberries :(

Likes raisins.

LOVES CHOCOLATE. I found one in the health store that was gluten-free, dairy/casein free, and nut free. :)

Loves pretzles and chips and tortilla chips

Loves to dip anything!! Ketchup, yogurt, syrup, applesauce.

Loves Boars Head deli meat especially ham.

Loves Hormel Bacon

Loves Hot dogs (Sabrettes I don't know if gluten-free?)

Loves Hamburgers

I buy Publix brand bread - its milk free.

I found a pizza crust , but she hates the vegan cheese.

Cherry Brooke Kitchen chocolate cake mix - gluten-free and Dairy free. And tastes good. The cookies aren't so great.

Pancakes - gluten-free made with water instead of milk.

Tuttifruiti (Sp?) No milk products are great. She loves the ice cream.

MOst meals served at home are gluten-free, dairy free, and nut free.

If you need brand names or more info let me know.

Nic Collaborator

Hi, my son is 6 and newly dairy free. Here is what he has been eating:

Breakfast:

Vann's waffles - original or apple cinnamon

Cocoa Pebbles/fruity pebbles with rice milk

Kinnickinick (sp) pancakes

Any of the Envirokids cereals with rice milk

Lunch:

Ian's chicken nuggest or fish sticks - these are allergen free

Ore Ida fries

Thumann's bologna and ham (I e mailed and they confirmed these are dairy and gluten free)

maccaroni with Earth Balance butter on it

hot dogs and chips or fries

we us ener-g foods light tapioca bread

Dinner:

Any meat without breading

macacaroni and sauce

meatballs made with ener-g foods bread crumbs

instant potatos made with rice milk (betty crockers potato buds are gluten-free and CF)

any vegetables with no sauce

hotdogs

taylor ham

Snacks:

fruit cups

enjoy life cookies and snack bars, all very good

kinnickinick cookies

Food by George brownies

Kinnickinick blueberry muffins

potato chips

For chocolate I went to a local candy store and they sold blocks of dairy free chocolate. I bought the molds to make it and it was very simple. You just put the chocolate in the microwave for a minute and then pour into the molds. Put in the freezer for 8 minutes and you have chocolate. I made a batch at Easter and the kids are still eating it now so it lasts a while. It wasn't expensive either, I think I spent $12.00 on a pound of choloate and the molds.

Nicole

RiceGuy Collaborator

One thing that comes to mind is nut/rice/soy milk. Homemade nut milk is easy. The others I've not tried, but I've seen posts from members who have. Should be good in recipes and on gluten-free cereal, with cookies, etc. Basically anywhere cow milk is used, and you can even make your own cheese out of them using rennet or something.

Still, there's plenty dairy-free kid-friendly food, as other posts suggest.

Juliebove Rising Star

My daughter likes the Namaste pastas and also the Road's End Organics. You do need to check the box on the Road's End because they do sell different kinds.

Archived