This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Soft Pretzels

AkBravo34

AkBravo34 Rookie

I am DYING for a dang soft pretzel.......why have I not been able to find anything like one since I've been diagnosed...and WHY is it that when you get a little tipsy off of some weekend social activities that you CRAVE gluten. My boyfriend is amazing, luckily...because I wanted pizza so horribly this weekend and luckily he didn't allow it! And I'm talking Domino's...I know there's gluten-free pizza but it isn't the same :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I wish I could have a soft pretzel!!!!

dionnek Enthusiast

I saw a recipe for them - I think on Pamelas website, using her biscuit and pancake mix. I haven't tried it yet though, but I've been craving sof pretzels too so maybe I'll try it this weekend. I'll let you know if it works!

Guhlia Rising Star

We made soft pretzels a few months ago and they turned out really well. I wish I knew where I put the recipe. If I find it, I'll post it. The pretzels were very similar to Auntie Anne's. Now if only I could duplicate their sweet mustard...

confused Community Regular

Oh i would love to have one, when i was pg with my second son, i craved pretzels with mustard all the time. Or pretzels with some odd stuff, i dont even want to mention lol

paula

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I am DYING for a dang soft pretzel.......why have I not been able to find anything like one since I've been diagnosed...and WHY is it that when you get a little tipsy off of some weekend social activities that you CRAVE gluten. My boyfriend is amazing, luckily...because I wanted pizza so horribly this weekend and luckily he didn't allow it! And I'm talking Domino's...I know there's gluten-free pizza but it isn't the same :(

I don't have an answer on the pretzel but on the craving question. One possible reason why you are craving gluten foods when you party is because you may be getting glutened or CCed by what you are drinking. Gluten has an addictive nature, like with a cig for a past smoker if you get a little bit it will set off the 'I need more' reaction in the brain. Many celiacs will also get much more intoxicated off of a gluten beverage which will then lower the inhibitions and make risky behavior much more likely. Use a lot of caution with your beverages when out.

Guhlia Rising Star
I don't have an answer on the pretzel but on the craving question. One possible reason why you are craving gluten foods when you party is because you may be getting glutened or CCed by what you are drinking. Gluten has an addictive nature, like with a cig for a past smoker if you get a little bit it will set off the 'I need more' reaction in the brain. Many celiacs will also get much more intoxicated off of a gluten beverage which will then lower the inhibitions and make risky behavior much more likely. Use a lot of caution with your beverages when out.

Wow... You're the only person I've ever heard say that about getting more intoxicated off of glutenous beverages than gluten free. I always just thought I was nuts because I used to be a two beer queer and now I can drink like a fish. Hmmmm... I guess it's NOT all in my head. Odd enough, the type of drunk has also changed for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Cheri A Contributor

I just came across a soft pretzel recipe too. I'm going to try it soon!!

AkBravo34 Rookie

I've never heard anyone say that either. I don't think it's possible to get glutened off of your own bottle of Chardonney...I wasn't really partying just casually enjoying time with loved ones...I guess that makes sense but I crave pizza on the regular...just because where I work its always around...and boy does it smell delicious. thanks for the advice!!! :P

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Please post any soft pretzel recipes! Now that I have read this thread, I am dying for one! Thanks

Archived