This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Brach's Candy Corn

Ruth

Ruth Enthusiast

Does anyone know if it is gluten free?

I called the company, but have not received an answer yet.

These are the ingredients:

Sugar, Corn Syrup, Salt, Honey, Soy Protein, Gelatin, Confectioner's Glaze, Dextrose, Artificial Flavor, Titanium Dioxide Color, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Red 3, Blue 1.

I know there are a couple of brands of candy corn listed on this site, but I can't find them anywhere... Brach's seems to be everywhere!

Thanks,

Ruth

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Brach's says it doesn't consider any of its candies gluten-free. The reality is that most of their candies probably ARE gluten-free, but they're either too lazy or too afraid of lawsuits to find out which ones. Candy corn is one of their candies I probably wouldn't be afraid to eat, but I refuse to give them any of my money.

richard

Ruth Enthusiast

Richard,

I just came back to the message board to post my feelings after receiving a call back from Brachs.... and saw your reply.

"Ditto"

Guest gfinnebraska

Ditto to Richard... I LOVE candy corn and Brach's is my favorite brand... no more!! IF anyone knows of a good sub that is gluten-free, please let me know. Farley's is gluten-free, but I do not care for them ~ would rather do without. Sad that Brachs has to be so uncooperative... their loss. :P

celiac3270 Collaborator

Oooh....that's a real disappointment. I used to love candy corn and then I just.....stopped eating it for some reason. A few days ago I wondered if it was gluten-free. I, too, would love ot hear any gluten-free brands

celiac3270 Collaborator

Granger279 used the report button to try to post that:

I ate some yesterday and today am sick.
gf4life Enthusiast

My kids and I have tried a few different candy corns (and pumpkins!), but we won't eat anything made from Brach's. I can't remember the brands we've tried, but we didn't have any reaction. If I can find out the names I will post them. Farley's is only good if it is a fresh batch. Sometimes tha bags sit there on the shelf too long and they are sort of crystalized. Try getting it from the halloween candy isle. Those should be newer bags.

God bless,

Mariann

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ruth Enthusiast

Thanks for your replies!

I found a bag of Farley's Candy Corn today... just in time for my son's school Halloween party.

FYI The "Room Moms" (who were soooo good to call me and ask what products my gluten-free son could have!) came up with a great gluten-free Halloween treat.

"Monster Claws"

(1) clear plastic glove per child .... fill tips of fingers with candy corn. Fill rest of glove with popcorn. Tie with orange and black ribbon.

lovegrov Collaborator

Did you find it at a chain? If so, lease tell us which one. I'm still looking.

richard

Ruth Enthusiast

I found it at a small, local, mom & pop store.

However, you may find it at a store near you ... It is labled "Sathers" and it is sold in 2/$1.00 4oz. bags. It almost looks generic, but with a Red & Yellow label.

The label on the back says "Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc. Round Lake, MN 56167"

PS Mariann was right... they are a bit "stale" but they do the trick... and they are not Brachs!

• 2 years later...
Rebecca47 Contributor
Does anyone know if it is gluten free?

I called the company, but have not received an answer yet.

These are the ingredients:

Sugar, Corn Syrup, Salt, Honey, Soy Protein, Gelatin, Confectioner's Glaze, Dextrose, Artificial Flavor, Titanium Dioxide Color, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Red 3, Blue 1.

I know there are a couple of brands of candy corn listed on this site, but I can't find them anywhere... Brach's seems to be everywhere!

Thanks,

Ruth

I called "Brachs" just after halloween to ask about there candy,and they also told me to consider that none of there candy are gluten free. They do not make list in case they get out dated, I would think they make all there candy the same way so why not any list. I also refuse to buy anything from them.

Thanks Rebecca

linds Apprentice

I believe that Targets own brand of candy corn is gluten free. I asked the same question a while ago and thats one of the brands that they told me was ok. Then the ingrediants looked good to me! Hope that helps since most people live near a target!

celiacgirls Apprentice

Jelly Belly candy corn is gluten and casein free. I found it in the Jelly Belly bulk bins at Target.

Archived