This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Probiotics

pnltbox27

pnltbox27 Contributor

what are they and how do you know if you need them. ive seen them mentioned before and was just curious

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

They are good bacteria for the digestive tract.

If there is not enough good bacteria, then you will allow candida to overgrow.

Your system needs balance. I think almost anyone would benefit from taking them.

pnltbox27 Contributor

thanks carla, are they something i can pick up at a vitamin store??

holdthegluten Rising Star
thanks carla, are they something i can pick up at a vitamin store??

Go to walgreens and pick up Nature Made Acidophilus pills. Take 2 a day. Also Threelac is very good, but you have to order online.

Babygirl6915 Explorer

I use Jarro-Dophilus from Whole Foods. It is great. I have noticed a lot less gas or irritation issues from normal non-allergic foods (onions, garlic, alcohol, etc) & also my body gets rid of gluten alot faster than it did before. My post-gluten symptoms used to last 3-4 days & now (depending on how bad it was) i am feeling better the next morning. My Chiropractor recommended 1 2x a day.

emorgan816 Newbie

I'm now on the probiotics and they really make a big difference. I also use the digestive enzymes (I take one whenever I eat anything). The brand my doctor recommended was Ortho Molecular - it does not need to be kept in the fridge like some probiotics do. He's also got me on OrthoMega (fish oil), Floristor, Vitamin E, Fiber and calcium.

Elizabeth

Guest Doll

I tried probiotics, and had severe diarrhea and cramping for almost a week. I tried Jamieson (I think it was) Acidophilus, which is gluten and casein free (I even called to double check).

I wanted to stay on them, but I was so sick that after 2 days I had to stop.

Anyone else here have this problem?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived