This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Nesquik Gluten-free?

Luke987

Luke987 Rookie

I live in the UK and I can't for the life of me find anything about gluten on the packaging. It has glucose syrup in it which apparently can sometimes be made of wheat.

I mean Nesquik milkshake powder.

Does anyone have any idea and is it safer for me to chuck it?

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Sweetfudge Community Regular

in the US i know the powder is NOT...don't know about the UK...

Franceen Explorer
I live in the UK and I can't for the life of me find anything about gluten on the packaging. It has glucose syrup in it which apparently can sometimes be made of wheat.

I mean Nesquik milkshake powder.

Does anyone have any idea and is it safer for me to chuck it?

Thanks

According to the Clan Thompson Food Smartlist, Newquik Syrup (all flavors) and ready-to-drink milk (all flavors) ARE GLUTEN FREE. No mention of the powder. Clan Thompson generally is relevant to both Canada and US, but not UK necessarily.

Here's the info from the Nestle/Nesquik homepage on the powder. It APPEARS to be gluten-free and this is their Global/International Site and talks about Swiss stuff too.

INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SOY LECITHIN, SALT, ARTIFICIAL AND NATURAL FLAVORS, MALTODEXTRIN.

VITAMINS AND MINERALS: CALCIUM CARBONATE, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), ZINC OXIDE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), COPPER GLUCONATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, BIOTIN.

MADE ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES MILK AND SOY.

kosher_d.gif

Nutritional Information current as of January 5, 2006.

NEW_LABEL_Nesquik_Choc_48oz.webp

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

I don't even know, what Nesquik milkshake powder is, never even heard of it. And I'm an absolute Nesquik fan. I drank it in Germany, while still living there, and now here. I only know about the syrup and the chocolate milk and strawberry milk drink from Nesquik.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

mromyn
    Newest Member
    mromyn
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• plumbago
      What I really liked about this video - and thank you so much for posting it - is that he/they talked about what happens to someone vis a vis their celiac disease who is on a gluten-free diet, also active vs inactive celiac disease, and potential celiac disease. These are things that I've been very much wanting to discuss forever. I have many other questions - but when they talked about other biomarkers, I thought of lipase. Scary pancreatic enzyme if high. One time, I ordered this test for myself and lo and behold, it came back high. I panicked. So I messaged the GI, who told me not to order my own tests (!) in addition to some other things, and so a few years passed. Then I was having some GI issues recently potentially related to a hiatal hernia, potentially related to taking NAC (which I've since stopped), so I went in to see him again. I mentioned the lipase test I ordered on myself a couple of years ago. He looked it up on some doctor site or other that no doubt we all have access to, and one result came back: celiac disease. But that begs the question: controlled celiac disease or uncontrolled? (Anyway, for those interested, he ordered an abd ultrasound, which came back fine.) Understanding the difference between controlled celiac and uncontrolled is something I never cease being very interested in. I also liked how in the video, Dr Han talked about autoimmunity in general. It's so sad that celiac disease and autoimmunity are not investigated vigorously, especially among Medicaid and Medicare patients. With Medicaid, if someone may have Celiac, forget it. It's almost like it doesn't exist for them.
    • mannybilly
      The labeling was simple it just said chicken soup from a place called bristol farms
    • trents
      Was the soup labeled gluten free? Who is "they"?
    • mannybilly
      i did see them and they didnt say anything, i was also very hungry then out the blue i had this partial numbness feeling around my body.
    • trents
      What do you mean you may  have gotten glutened again? "my soup happened to have noodles in them." If the noodles were made of wheat, you did get glutened. Why did you eat it? Did you not see the noodles or not read the ingredients?