This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Mounds Bars Cheesecake

zkat

zkat Apprentice

One of my co-workers was talking about this to die for cheesecake, made out of Mounds Bars. I am searching for some holiday recipes, so I did a google search for this. It only required one modification and tasted so good. The crust was a crumbly, so I will probably use 8 T. of butter next time.

It also makes a HUGE cheesecake, so you can easily half the recipe to use in a regular pie pan.

Crust:

2 cups Gluten Free Graham Crackers

1 1/2 cups coconut

6 tablespoons butter, melted

Mix and pat into bottom and sides of springform pan.

Filling:

2 pounds cream cheese, softened

1 cup sugar

5 jumbo eggs, at room temperature

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup cornstarch

1 teaspoon coconut extract

1/2 cup coconut

1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped

Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat again. Add eggs one at a time; beating after each. Add cream, cornstarch and extract. Mix well. Stir in coconut and almonds. Pour into springform pan. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes with a pan of water on the bottom rack of oven. Reduce temperature to 300F and bake 1 hour longer. Run knife around edge of cake. Cool. Top with melted chocolate and whole almonds.

I also added coconut to the melted chocolate. My tummy still hurts from all the richness of it! :wacko:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Glutenfreefamily Enthusiast

Thanks so much it sounds delicious :D

mamaw Community Regular

No calories???? that sounds yummy- I will have to eat it all myself as no one else in my family likes coconut.....

Did you make your own graham crackers or did you replace the grahams with something else??/

thanks

mamaw

zkat Apprentice

I live in the N. Texas area and there is a Gluten free bakery close by. She makes the best Gluten Free graham crackers and that is what I used. You could also sub with Gluten free vanilla wafers or gluten-free chocolate wafer cookies. I have seen the recipe with both.

It is really, really good if you like coconut. My husband wants everything with coconut and coconut flour, so it was a huge hit at my house.

Of course, no calories-they all go out when you beat it :lol:

Kat.

mamaw Community Regular

I haven't yet found a graham cracker I'm in love with!!!! Can you give me a bakery name ? maybe i could have some shipped to me.....

thanks

mamaw

zkat Apprentice

Open Original Shared Link

It is owned and run by a lady here locally. I support her every chance I get-cause I don't want her to go away :lol: She is really an outstanding baker. Her entire resturant and store is Gluten Free. She will also modify to just about anything free you need-dairy, soy, etc. My staff is actually getting me a gluten free cake from there tomorrow, it's my last day at this job.

I hope it works out for you. Let me know.

Kat.

Glutenfreefamily Enthusiast
Open Original Shared Link</a>

It is owned and run by a lady here locally. I support her every chance I get-cause I don't want her to go away :lol: She is really an outstanding baker. Her entire resturant and store is Gluten Free. She will also modify to just about anything free you need-dairy, soy, etc. My staff is actually getting me a gluten free cake from there tomorrow, it's my last day at this job.

I hope it works out for you. Let me know.

Kat.

Thanks for the information on the bakery, I love that the crackers are dairy free and egg free also. You are so lucky to have a restaurant and bakery that close to you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived