This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Equate Stool Softeners

newceliac

newceliac Enthusiast

Does anyone know if Equate brand Stool Softeners are gluten free? It is not marked on the bottle. They are a whole lot cheaper than Colace.

• 5 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

006 Apprentice
Does anyone know if Equate brand Stool Softeners are gluten free? It is not marked on the bottle. They are a whole lot cheaper than Colace.

Yeah, does anyone have an answer??? I googled with no luck.

• 9 years later...
Heather814 Newbie

I know the question is old but for future Googlers: for 100mg 140 gel coated. Yes. Stated on inside label.

Edited by Heather814
Missing Yes
  • 2 years later...
Wynell Newbie

I know this question is very old, however I spoke with Equate and it is NOT gluten free.

psawyer Proficient

So, does it actually contain gluten, or is it just "not gluten-free?' "Not gluten-free" is often a response dictated by corporate legal departments to avoid making a claim that they aren't prepared to stand behind.

Wynell Newbie

Possibly just avoiding as you say. I just bought a brand that is so as not to take the chance. It would seem a yes or no answer to me. I am just recently diagnosed with celiac disease and am trying to learn as much as I can. Even the dietitian I was referred to knew very little. 

• 2 years later...
Gidget50 Apprentice
On 6/21/2018 at 7:23 AM, Heather814 said:

I know the question is old but for future Googlers: for 100mg 140 gel coated. Yes. Stated on inside label.

I'm sorry, I'm new on here and recently diagnosed.  There is no writing on my Colace equate bottle from Walmart. The bottle doesn't state gluten-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):