This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

All Nars Cosmetics Gluten Free!

Lisa16

Lisa16 Collaborator

I got this response from the company today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry and you interest in NARS Cosmetics. We are pleased to let you know that all NARS products are gluten-free.

Kind regards,

Customer Service

NARS Cosmetics

Woo-hoo!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Moongirl Community Regular
I got this response from the company today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry and you interest in NARS Cosmetics. We are pleased to let you know that all NARS products are gluten-free.

Kind regards,

Customer Service

NARS Cosmetics

Woo-hoo!

YUP I love their stuff...but soo expensive my one eyeshadow cost $16 and you have to buy the little pan they come in for a few more $$ lol

Lisa16 Collaborator

I have been writing to companies about their products. NARS answered in less than 1 hour. Maybe it is a case of "you get what you pay for." They also have a satisfaction guarantee. They were, hands down, the most responsive company.

Lisa

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

NinaL
    Newest Member
    NinaL
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      Welcome to the forum, @RondaM! These two tests are celiac antibody tests and they both look to be negative: Endomysial Antibody IgA:  Negative t-Transglutaminase (tTG):  <2 We commonly refer to the t-Transglutaminase (tTG) as tTG-IGA.   This one is what we commonly call "total IGA" and is on the high side:  Immunoglobulin A, Qn  Serum :  417.  H Total IGA is not an antibody test for celiac disease per se but the reason it is run is that if it is on the low side (i.e., you are "IGA deficient") it can cause the individual IGA tests that are designed to check for celiac disease per se to be falsely negative. This is not a problem in your case. I do not know that there are any particular health concerns connected to having a higher than normal total IGA. Based only on these IGA tests it does not appear that you have celiac disease but it is unfortunate that only IGA tests were ordered. I would have been helpful to also include the DGP-IGG test. Some people who truly do have celiac disease just have immune systems that don't throw positives for IGA celiac antibody tests. But here is an important question. Had you already begun limiting gluten in your diet before the blood draw for the testing was done? If so, it rendered the testing invalid.  
    • MaximilianKohler
      What do you think of the contrary information on SIBO I shared which argues that the term itself is misleading, erroneous, and even harmful?   There are current patient-led efforts to get FMT approved by the FDA. Anyone interested in FMT should get involved.   Do you have a citation for this? The wiki I shared in my previous comment has a whole page on antibiotics, including dozens of studies and reviews concluding that the damage is permanent and compounds over generations.
    • RondaM
      Recent Labcorp lab results show these results. Endomysial Antibody IgA:  Negative t-Transglutaminase (tTG):  <2  Range for tTG lab is :  negative= 0-3, weak positive =4-10 ,  Positive >10 Immunoglobulin A, Qn  Serum :  417.  H lab range 87-352 mg/dl What is this telling me? Any recommendations?      
    • GardeningForHealth
      FMT has a strong potential to either cure or improve many diseases, including Celiac Disease. However, the FDA has only approved FMT for the treatment of C.Diff infection at this time, and FMT is not approved in the United States for any other treatments. However, I hope that this changes in the future. Preliminary studies have shown benefit of FMT for treatment of a subset of autism here and here, and Phase III trials will begin soon for FMT for that subset of autism. I believe (this is my opinion) that autism is an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Alessio Fasano states that autoimmune diseases begin with leaky gut/intestinal permeability, so it is probably true that FMT from a or several very healthy, disease-free donors may offer cures or relief of some kind for many who suffer from autoimmune conditions. While the adaptive arm of our immune system will never "forget" gluten as an antigen, in my opinion if the gut microbiota can be brought back into a healthy state that contains missing microbes discovered by Dr. Fasano's CDGEMM team to be protective against gluten, and also an overall balance of the microbiome is restored, then zonulin will not be triggered upon ingestion of gluten, meaning the intestinal wall is remaining closed and not leaky, and therefore the immune system will not become activated by gluten anymore.  In such a theoretical scenario, gluten would only become a problem again if/when there is another pathogen inside the intestines that activates zonulin, causing the intestine to open to pass the pathogen to the immune system beneath. So if there was a serious bacteria or virus, then the person would need to avoid gluten during the illness and maybe for a while beyond the illness as well, so as not to have a reaction to gluten (this is all speculation based upon my understanding). Antibiotics can do permanent damage, but usually not. In an adult, the microbiome usually recovers, unless their microbiome is already very compromised. However, in a child under the age of 3, antibiotics do have the potential to permanently harm the child's microbiome, killing off protective strains of bacteria, causing a life-long predisposition to autoimmune diseases.
    • Scott Adams
      SIBO is a common secondary issue in people with untreated celiac disease. Articles in this category cover this: https://www.celiac.com/celiac-disease/celiac-disease-amp-related-diseases-and-disorders/bacterial-overgrowth-and-celiac-disease/