This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Domata Living Flour

taweavmo3

taweavmo3 Enthusiast

Today I came across "Domata Living Flour", a gluten free all-purpose flour mix, complete with xanthan gum. The website says you can sub it cup for cup with wheat flour.

Has anyone heard of this brand or tried it out??? I've tried the Tom Sawyer brand all purpose flour, which was also supposed to be a cup for cup sub, but it didn't work so great for me. I'm a bit cautious of claims that say you can use any recipe with their brand of flour, b/c most regular baking recipes are going to turn out dry if made with gluten free flour. So I'm just curious if anyone has given this brand a whirl yet. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bbuster Explorer

Yes, we are on our 4th or 5th 5-lb bag and I really like it.

I made Tollhouse choc chip cookies (pan style) using the recipe right off the Nestle's bag and just used this flour, added maybe an extra 1/4 cup and they were GREAT!

I used some for carrot cake and it came out good - many compliments from non-celiacs at work that I shared it with.

I made biscuits (recipe on bag) and they were the best gluten-free I've tried so far.

There is a pizza crust recipe on the bag also. I tried it about a week ago but did not follow exactly, since I wanted to make a small one and was in a hurry, so I improvised. I normally make Bette Hagman's pizza crust recipe, which I like a lot, but it is very sticky and wet. The Domata one actually made dough that was dry enough to knead, form a ball, and roll out. It puffed up nicely and tasted good. I am planning to make a full size one on my pizza stone tonight.

Have not tried yet for bread or yeast rolls, but they are on my list to try.

So I have a lot more experimenting to do, but overall would definitely recommend it.

Archived