This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Midtown Atlanta

dksart

dksart Apprentice

Hi,

We're going to Atlanta next month and I was hoping to get some opinions on any Gluten-free friendly restaurants in the Midtown area. We will be staying on Peachtree St N.E. at 17th (around the High) and would love to find places within walking distance. A couple of nights we will drive to dinner, but any and all recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Debbie :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Hmmm, there isn't much in the city. The Four Seasons' restaurant is EXCELLENT, though (and not far from the High but expensive). They will make you anything pretty much. My Mother and I went there (both Celiacs plus I am a vegan) and had amazing meals, ask for the Chef.

Most food for us is outside the city but here is a link to a list of some restaurants that have gluten-free options that the dinner club has gone to Open Original Shared Link. If you drive, go to one of the Sugo restaurants, so good, but call ahead! Cheese Burger in Paradise is also a drive and worth it! I like Three Bears Cafe in Marietta, it's a health foodish place that's a bar at night but is really yummie and they make anything really but do not have a gluten-free menu. Since they are about healthier food they get the job done but it isn't a weird place. The other reason to head there is if you are into the Civil War, like house museums, or are interested in Southern history- you can see it all there and it is near the Kennesaw Mountain Battle Field. There are a few P.F. Changs in driving distance, as well.

Pizza Fusion should open late next month, as well. It will be somewhere downtown. I eat a lot of Chinese food (sans soy sauce) so that is always a delivery option. The Whole Foods downtown isn't close to the High but they offer gluten-free goods.

Be careful around the city at night. It isn't very safe. Near the High is okay but a few blocks from it you'll find creeps, prostitutes, and who knows what. I spend a lot of time in the city at night and still get the willies! Plus, it is not pedestrian friendly in most areas. I hope you enjoy the city and feel free to PM me with any other questions about food or attractions!

Kristina

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

I like Open Original Shared Link. It's close to 17th and would be a short cab ride.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

I've lived in Atlanta for years.....I'm not really sure it's right to say that the city is full of "creeps, prostitutes, and who knows what", a lot of the city is pedestrian friendly AND safe, obviouslys it's a big city so you're going to have the normal big city issues....but I never have felt unsafe here. There are more places in the city than you realize, check this list out

Open Original Shared Link

Chow Baby is great, so is Hot Stix if you like stir fry. PF Changs and Wildfire are at the Perimeter Mall. Maggiano's in Buckhead and Blue Ridge Grill in Buckhead as well as the Atlanta Fish Market all have gluten free menus. Whole Foods, Kroger and Publix all have gluten free options. Ecco on 7th Street has some great gluten-free options, just talk to the person when you make a reservation. Gordon Biersch also can accomodate. A place called Metro Fresh on Monroe Ave is a great option as well.

Look at that list and you'll see that there are PLENTY of options in the city as well as around it. Good luck and if you need anything please let me know! I stay in Midtown.

dksart Apprentice

Wow! Thanks for all of the wonderful responses. Now I have so many choices.

Gordon Biersch is our one 'regular' spot we go to every year. We go Saturday for brunch and call it 'beer & eggs' They are always super accommodating.

We used to love the City Garden (closed down sushi/Chinese/Thai restaurant) and were hoping to find another place like that. I can't wait to check out some of your suggestions.

modiddly16,

Are there any options you know of that does late night delivery?

Thanks! :)

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

R. Thomas doesn't do delivery but it's an awesome late night choice. I think they are open 24 hours.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

Right, R. Thomas is the only late night choice that I know of. I'm actually unaware of any delivery places really....I know once Pizza Fusion opens they'll deliver but I don't know about late night.

Sorry!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dksart Apprentice

The Open Original Shared Link sounds like a great place, and they're veggie friendly, too. The fact that they're open 24 x 7 makes them look even better since we are always out late when we go to Atlanta. I really hope that pizza place is open and delivers by then. I have never had Gluten-free take away pizza anywhere.

kbtoyssni Contributor

When I was there a few months ago I went to Nickiemoto's, 990 Piedmont Ave NE. It's a sushi place. I got a plate of sushi and a veggie noddle dish to share. Food was great and I have no problems with being gluten-free. It's also got this outdoor patio that's fun.

Open Original Shared Link

• 2 years later...
brendygirl Community Regular

Jason's Deli has a gluten-free menu and prepares food with precautions. Multiple Locations around. I've eaten there- many happy meals.

Rosa Mexicano in Atlantic Station. Ted's Montana Grill has a gluten-free menu. Yeah! Burger has gluten-free onion rings and buns. Urban Pl8 accommodates. Metro Fresh. South City Kitchen has a gluten-free menu in Vinings/Smyrna. Fresh2Order is supposed to have a gluten-free menu. Mama Fu's gluten-free menu.

DBA Barbecue accommodates. I get the pulled pork and bring my own bun. The sauce is gluten free, the waitress said. Worked 2x for me so far.

The Perimeter Mall area has TONS of options: Maggiano's, California Pizza Kitchen (I don't like the gluten-free pizza, but I do like the coconut shrimp appetizer), Seasons 52 (limited gluten-free menu), Wildfire, Mimi's, Five Guys, Jason's Deli, Cheeseburger in Paradise has gluten-free buns and gluten-free menu, Carrabba's (Italian chain w/limited gluten-free menu), and Twisted Taco accommodated for me. Sage accommodates.

Sandy Springs has The Brickery- awesome crab cakes!, Sally's Bakery is behind the Whole Foods in Sandy Springs and had baked goods for pickup. Highly recommend the C.R.A.W. bread. Sugo -awesome meatballs, and a lady at Whole Foods told me EVO has a bean burger and fries,

and E.Andrews Pub accommodates- grouper and sweet potato fries, Fuego Mundo has weird hours but has South American cuisine that will accommodate.

Nava in Buckhead, Buckhead Pizza Company. Mello Mushroom has gluten-free pizza but I got very sick there. Fogo de Chao- Brazilian.

Archived