This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Amici's Pizzeria In San Jose, Ca

CalicoSue

CalicoSue Contributor

Amici's Pizzeria is located at 225 W. Santa Clara Street, in downtown San Jose, CA. Their phone no. is (408) 289-9000. They now carry Gluten-free Still Riding Pizza crusts and serve Gluten-free pizza! They are also trained in cross contact issues.

It's a bit pricey, but so worth it if you want to remember again what it's like to order a pizza and actually sit in a pizza parlor and eat it! You can also order the Gluten-free pizza to go.

Sue

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Kristi Mire 1
    Newest Member
    Kristi Mire 1
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• ddk37
      I need to correct something I wrote earlier this thread.  The energy bars from Costco no longer have the Gluten Free certification on their labels.  It disappeared sometime this year.  The ingredients do not contain wheat, rye or barley but this product is processed in a facility where they also process items with wheat.  I assume this is the problem.  I have called them (CA) but they have not returned my call.  Lesson: read the label on the product every time you purchase it; it can change!
    • GardeningForHealth
      Are you making sure to eat protein and fats every time that you consume gluten? Protein and fat help to keep blood sugars in control. What proteins do you typically eat when you consume gluten?
    • Wheatwacked
      Hello @Dora77,          It seems you are doing well on your gluten free diet other than a few glitches.   As @trents said, this and even your anxiety level  both are symptoms of your Celiac Disease and malabsorption.  Are you overexagerating?  I don't think so.  It is good that you are aware, but don't let it get in the way of life. Your diet already has probiotics.  Bifidobacterium  is found in yoghurt and milk products.  Another probiotic, Lactobacillus is found in fermented pickles and sauerkraut and other naturally fermented foods.  Lactobacillus in our gut secretes lactase to help us digest the lactose in milk. In the US we buy Quick Pickles, made with vinegar instead of fermentation and so we have an epidemic of Lactose Intolerance. So, Good Job! Naturally Fermented Pickles [The Complete Guide]  for Lactobacillus probiotic. The three fortifications to your diete I think will help your symptoms the most: Choline: it helps form the bile we need to digest the fats; instead of finding the in the toilet.  Eggs, meat, poultry, fish the main dietary sources.  You can purchase phosphatidyl choline in pill form if it is hard to eat enough.  In the US the recommended dietary intake is at least 500 mg a day.  Equivalent to 4 eggs a day.  It is estimated that 90% of people in western societies do not even get that much.  Fifty years ago our medical and pharmaceutical leaders decided that for cholesterol control we should avoid eggs and red meat, milk and fat in general.  Since then our cholesterol is still high unless we take statins, and in the US our population went from 15% obese in 1970 to 50% today.  What is wrong with this picture?  Fat satisfies hunger.  Without fat we eat more carbohydrates, and that makes us obese.      2.  In 1950 the UK and most of the world banned vitamin D because of a manufacturing error in baby formula.  1980s: Sunscreens became "broad spectrum" to filter both UVA and UVB rays. Those two choices have increase vitamin D deficiency to more than 40% of our populations.  Vitamin D is essential to control autoimmune diseases, like Celiac Disease and for our mental health.  Vitamin D is affected by malabsorption because the oral kind we take to compensate for avoiding sun is not absorbed well in a Celiacs small intestine.  I live in Florida and to keep my blood vitamin D 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D level at 200 nmol/L (or 80 ng/ml in the US labs measurement, and the natural level for someone who gets enough sunshine) I have to take 250 mcg (10,000 IU) daily.  I recommend you get tested.  A survey of lifeguard in Haifa found that their blood levels of 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D ranged from 70 to 90 ng/ml. (about 200 nmol/L). All in good health. Raising your vitamin D will be good for your anxiety and help moderate your Celiac Disease.           3.  Iodine.  In the EU, a 2020 Thyroid study found that median standardized urinary iodine concentration (UIC) was below 100 µg/L in 6.3% of studies in schoolchildren, 53.8% of studies in adults, and 63.6% of studies in pregnant women.  Iodine is an essential component of the thyroid hormones thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). Low iodine intake can have normal TSH but not enough for all the needs of your body. Around 300-500 mcg a day should help your T4.  Iodine Fact Sheet for Health Professionals Scary, right?  Not to worry, but good to be vigilant. Regarding your pepper question. Are you using ground pepper?  As trents said it probably is not enough, but try whole peppercorns in a pepper grinder.  You could even rinse and dry the peppercorns before usling.  
    • trents
      Well, you with a total IGA score of almost 1000 you certainly aren't IGA deficient which is one thing that can suppress tTG-IGA scores. Some other things are that can suppress tTG-IGA are diabetes, thyroid disease, anemia and having a reduced gluten intake weeks in advance of the antibody test blood draw. But as Scott said, I would go back to your doctor and ask for a more complete celiac antibody panel including DGP-IGA and DGP-IGG.
    • trents
      The pepper may or may not have enough gluten to produce a celiac reaction. Best to avoid things that you are unsure about and we cannot give certain answers to those kinds of questions any more than you can. It depends on too many things and if there is any gluten in that pepper and how much may vary from one batch of it to to another depending on how well they clean the machinery, how many pepper runs were made since the last wheat run on the same machines, etc. It's a crap shoot. When in doubt, opt out. Whether or not the oats are gluten free is not the problem necessarily with oats. It's the oat protein "avenin" itself that is the potential problem. About 10% of celiacs react to gluten free oats like they do to gluten. But you really need to look at a trial of eliminating dairy to see if your stools improve. Give it a month at least.