This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sonic-are The Tater Tots Wheat Free?

LisaAC

LisaAC Newbie

I was having one of those blood sugar drops and needed food before drving anywhere else, so I stopped this morning with my son at Sonic. I was thinking the tater tots would be safe, but after I'd gotten them and started eating I questioned whether they were coated with wheat.

Does anyone know? I hope not, but had to have something high carb and nothing much else there except the iceream and soda was edible for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

I don't know about the contents of the Sonic Tater Tots, but there is a very high possibility that they are fried in shared equiptment, with things such as breaded chicken or breaded fish.

I believe only a few drinks are considered gluten free at Sonic. Sorry.

Cheri A Contributor

I agree with Lisa. We recently had a Sonic open near us, and I looked at their site and e-mailed them. No response back from them. The only thing my dd has from there is the cherry limeade drink, which is very good!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Scott Adams replied to Layu's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Help plz with results. celiac?

2. - Scott Adams replied to Vickey Matteson's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Celiac diagnosis

3. - trents replied to JoeS's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Offsetting Ingestion of Gluten

4. - JoeS posted a topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Offsetting Ingestion of Gluten

5. - Layu replied to Layu's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Help plz with results. celiac?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

FamilyfullofCeliacs
    Newest Member
    FamilyfullofCeliacs
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Scott Adams
      Welcome to the forum @JoeS. Although there may be medications that reduce or eliminate the symptoms of celiac disease, the bigger issue is that there are many known health risks associated with those who have celiac disease but are not on a 100% gluten-free diet. It would be good for you to encourage her to stick to that diet, and support her with that approach in any way that you are able to.
    • Scott Adams
      I don't believe your doctor can make a blanket statement like "the diarrhea from celiac disease would not be stopped by the medications," because everyone is different. Many celiacs don't have any symptoms at all, including diarrhea. If you have celiac disease you should be 100% gluten-free, even if medications might hide your symptoms, and this is because other damage will be done, and you will have many health risks going forward which can be avoided with the diet.
    • Scott Adams
      You can search this site for prescriptions medications, but will need to know the manufacturer/maker if there is more than one, especially if you use a generic version of the medication: To see the ingredients you will need to click on the correct version of the medication and maker in the results, then scroll down to "Ingredients and Appearance" and click it, and then look at "Inactive Ingredients," as any gluten ingredients would likely appear there, rather than in the Active Ingredients area. https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/   
    • trents
      Aspirin is an NSAID (Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug) and an analgesic (a pain killer). Theoretically, it could have some impact on masking the unpleasantness of a gluten reaction but in actual practice I would be very surprised if it offered any real benefit. And even so, aspirin tends to irritate the lining of the gut so that might offset any pain benefit it might otherwise afford.  It would be helpful if your wife could run down that article and you could supply is with a link to the source for evaluation.
    • JoeS
      My wife read an article which said taking a Bufferin aspirin prior to eating something that might contain gluten can offset the symptoms. Is that true?