This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Support Groups In North Carolina

TiredofTums

TiredofTums Rookie

Thank-you so much Lisa for helping me out! This is indeed a very nice site. Got your instant message but was not sure how to answer back and decided to come here and post! LOL! I appreciate all your help and have one more question. Are there any support groups in North Carolina. Not sure if there is one close by to me or not but if there is one around that is close I will most likely be going!

Thank-you my friend for helping me find out the information I need!

Sincerely,

linda

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

Tired: To contact a member, you can do it a few ways. Drag your mouse over the members name (if it is in a post) and then click on "send message."

Or, at top of page on right, click on "Messages" or "0 Messages" or however many messages it says you have. You can then click on compose new message, or click on the previous message, and the hit "reply" button in the bottom right hand corner of the message.

And yes, Lisa is wonderful and very helpful. I know she'll enjoy seeing your post.

TiredofTums Rookie

I found it! I just hope I posted it right! If it would not have been for her I would be in limbo trying to learn this nasty disease! She really has been so helpful! Thanks for being my teacher! LOL!

Linda

Tired: To contact a member, you can do it a few ways. Drag your mouse over the members name (if it is in a post) and then click on "send message."

Or, at top of page on right, click on "Messages" or "0 Messages" or however many messages it says you have. You can then click on compose new message, or click on the previous message, and the hit "reply" button in the bottom right hand corner of the message.

And yes, Lisa is wonderful and very helpful. I know she'll enjoy seeing your post.

Lisa Mentor

Linda,

Hopefully you're on the right track. Glad to help.

After the first of the year I will be starting a Support Group in my area. I am about an hour and fifteen minutes from you. So not so far.

I will let you know about the details after the holidays. If there is anyone in Northeastern North Carolina who would be interested, please contact me.

Good luck today Linda.

TiredofTums Rookie

Thank-you Lisa! Ohh! I have all the labs done now and await the biopsy when I have the Endoscopy. Doctor wants the biopsy and to examine me to see what kind of damage I have in my intestines. So now it's just a wait and see thing. In the meantime I was told to eat alot of pasta and enjoy while I can for after that biopsy they want me to go ahead and start the gluten free diet. Until all the results come in. So nervous about that endoscopy and colonoscopy. They are doing both at the same time. Yuk! :( If it was just one test I would probably be okay. But going in both ends... I dread! Especially the bottom end test! Have to drink some yukky stuff and an hour after I drink it, I will be cleaning out the bowel so they can go up me and probe around. Yuk! That means me sitting on the toilet seat all night long with the cleaning kit going through my body all night. The last time I had that test was several several years ago and I was getting worried for I was still running to that terlet an hour before my test. And then held myself until I got there and went again. I plan on taking that stuff a little earlier! That way maybe I will not be worried about an accident on my way to the hospital. I'm too young for Depends and certainly not ready for wearing them yet. But that stuff really tears your bowels up. The last time I drank that stuff my fanny was on fire from going all night long and I stayed sore for days! I think that is what I dread the most. Not the test itself but the stuff you have to drink before the test. LOL! And then the lack of sleep because of it! I will keep you all posted and hope this was all my problems and no more. Doctor is pretty sure this is what is going on. But needs all the test to confirm it!

Will let you know what all happens. Thank-you so much!

Sincerely,

Linda That is Tired of Tums

Linda,

Hopefully you're on the right track. Glad to help.

After the first of the year I will be starting a Support Group in my area. I am about an hour and fifteen minutes from you. So not so far.

I will let you know about the details after the holidays. If there is anyone in Northeastern North Carolina who would be interested, please contact me.

Good luck today Linda.

Archived