This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free Cold Medicine

SGWhiskers

SGWhiskers Collaborator

I hope you all can help. I'm catching my first cold since my Celiac diagnosis. What day-time and night-time meds are gluten-free? I used to tough it out, but celiac disease has made me fed up with feeling sick.

I like tablets more than the fizzes and liquids. Maybe since going gluten-free, my body will fight this off before I get truly sick. I'll think positive for another day or two. Thanks for the suggestions.

SGWhiskers

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

I take Mucinex and they are all gluten free. I hope you feel better soon, SGW.

Takala Enthusiast

Fresh mandarin oranges contain a natural decongestant.

SGWhiskers Collaborator

Thank you for the suggestions. Can I have some more?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

TwoHoundLife
    Newest Member
    TwoHoundLife
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Scott Adams
      Many others here have reported having both colitis and celiac disease, and you can find some older posts here: https://www.celiac.com/search/?q=colitis&quick=1&type=forums_topic  
    • Scott Adams
      There are many grains that are gluten-free which people with celiac disease can safely consume, including corn (as long is it is not cross contaminated).  This article has some detailed information on how to be 100% gluten-free, so it may be helpful (be sure to also read the comments section.):    
    • Scott Adams
      This article may also be helpful as it offers various ways to relieve the itch:  
    • trents
      Welcome to the forum, @MSawhill! Not sure about the collagen part, but all manner of bowel diseases are more common in the celiac population than in the general population. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease and when you have one autoimmune condition you are likely to develop others. The tend to cluster. That we know.
    • MSawhill
      does anyone else have colitis with their celiac disease?  I have been gluten free for over 20 years and 2 years ago developed colitis with collagen on my colon.  Any one else have this?