This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sprueberg-- A Gluten Free City

Lisa16

jerseyangel Proficient
Sniffle, sob, sniffle...yes, and never again having to be asked by the other kids, "But what's wrong with you? Why do you have to eat that?" :( i needz a hug

(((((hug)))))

I know how difficult it can sometimes be for us adults to eat out or with others, and I can just imagine how hard it is for a child. :( Your little one is lucky to have a mom like you :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
purple Community Regular

Did anyone mention gluten-free grocery stores...they could be called Normal Foods.

Everything in the store is gluten-free. Free samples on all the aisles so you can try it before buying it.

No WF or TJ in our state...sob

mushroom Proficient
No WF or TJ in our state...sob

No, there will be Whole Foods (with "normal" prices) and Trader Joes; they will just not be allowed to have any gluten-containing products. We are not into depriving ourselves here, just enhancing our quality of life. There will be dairy-free and soy-free milkshakes, ice cream and chocolate all over the place and they will all be delish! In fact, no non-yum food will be allowed over the border. Bread will be crusty on the outside and soft and/or chewy on the inside and the smells will waft all over Sprueville. Oh, I can't wait.

Lisa16 Collaborator

Oh yes! Those brick like, rock-hard rice loaves will be confiscated and destroyed at the border by the GFDA by a special haz mat team!

SGWhiskers Collaborator

Could we have one day a year that we put laxatives and sleeping pills into the desserts of unsuspecting criminals who attempt to break the gluten free laws. Maybe negligent manufacturers/ chefs/ and in-laws could be on that list.

Hmmm. That makes me sound a little crazy. Hmmm. I'll share the devious side of my brain anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
JNBunnie1 Community Regular

About the whole Scott tissue thing- yeah, no. Charmin ultra-Strong will be the City's official TP. No sinlge-ply TP will be available for sale in our stores. (Sorry, Scott.)

Lisa16 Collaborator

Or perhaps we can have huge tp emporioms-- big as Sam's Club-- where tp connoisseurs can go to find their favorites. We can even have imported brands and specialty brands (featuring little pictures for kids or frames of comics for entertainment purposes.) You can even get colors to coordinate with your bathroom walls! Imagine aisle after aisle of tp!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kenlove Rising Star

Do you mean instead of those colored plastic balls that kids like to jump in we could have an olympic sized pool filled with colored rolls of tp for adults to play in? <G>

Or perhaps we can have huge tp emporioms-- big as Sam's Club-- where tp connoisseurs can go to find their favorites. We can even have imported brands and specialty brands (featuring little pictures for kids or frames of comics for entertainment purposes.) You can even get colors to coordinate with your bathroom walls! Imagine aisle after aisle of tp!

Archived