This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Calling All The Pros On This Forum

A&Z'S MOM

A&Z'S MOM Apprentice

I need snack recipes,sweet and savory using rice flour,nut flours and cornstarch....i have managed to find cookie recipes but with moderate successs....we have no other issues and generally stick to gluten-free and low dairy recipes so pls help!!! exclusive gluten-free flour have been hard to locate so grind my own rice and nut flours........i need easy but yum snacks for my kids.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

purple Community Regular

I found this site just yesterday:

Open Original Shared Link

the pb cookie recipe is everywhere on the web, add some choc chips

the cornmeal muffins you could make, use cornstarch instead of tapioca, good with jam

there are 2 flourless choc cakes

coconut drops, try the cornstarch here too

I will keep my eye out and add what I find, I love looking for recipes ;)

Ditto elanas and karinas sites

you should be able to make these pb bars:

popcorn snack

assorted ideas

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=56179

coconut/fruit cookies

found some new links:

pie crust

bread

flourless cookies

Muddy Buddies/Puppy Chow

Smoothies

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

I can always find something tasty here:

N.Justine Newbie

then the 'ole stand bys of the food network and all recipes.com

OptimisticMom42 Apprentice

Hello A&Z's Mom,

Are you looking for finger foods or baked goods? There are a lot of websites with recipes and box mixes for baked goods. I work and my kids are teens (15,17,18) so our snacks are quick, filling and travel easy. Here are a few...

3 ingredient peanut butter cookies with enjoy life chocolate chips

peanut butter and apple slices

coconut/DYI rice /DYI almond milk, fruit (banana, berries) shakes (I like to use some of the almond paste in these)

rice chex, enjoy life chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, trail mix

salsa and corn chips (meijers organic)

avacado, tomato, spices dip on anything

We also try to keep a plate of safe cooked meat patties (sausage, venison burgers, hamburgers) in the fridge.

veggies, veggies, veggies cut up and thrown in a bowl easy to grab and dip

boiled eggs

Lays Potato Chips (yes they are fattening but they taste like butter and I really miss butter)

lemonade with frozen strawberry "ice cubes"

I saw a recipe for frozen banana slices dipped in chocolate and covered in coconut!

and if you are lucky enough to live near a large city there are dairy free, soy free, gluten free ice creams

Making that list made me hungry!

Take care OptimisticMom42

A&Z'S MOM Apprentice

thank you guys fro such prompt replies...i am going thru each link as i write this...do you have a good cracker recipe which uses rice flour?cornstarch??..i found one by elena using almond flour...will try to make them tomorrow and update you on them...

purple Community Regular
thank you guys fro such prompt replies...i am going thru each link as i write this...do you have a good cracker recipe which uses rice flour?cornstarch??..i found one by elena using almond flour...will try to make them tomorrow and update you on them...

Karina has 2 cracker recipes, the one called Savory Grain Free calls for almond meal and parmesan. You could make 1/2 a recipe (I do that often) to see if you will like it. You might me able to sub nutritional yeast for the parmesan or part of it...IDK. I have only made crackers once, the flavor was good but they were soft...threw them in our soup. :blink:

I found out later you can re-bake them after they cool, Karina mentions it on her recipe.

The SCD thread has recipes, there is one for crackers...AliB should know about it or other recipes, you could PM her.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

A&Z'S MOM Apprentice
Karina has 2 cracker recipes, the one called Savory Grain Free calls for almond meal and parmesan. You could make 1/2 a recipe (I do that often) to see if you will like it. You might me able to sub nutritional yeast for the parmesan or part of it...IDK. I have only made crackers once, the flavor was good but they were soft...threw them in our soup. :blink:

I found out later you can re-bake them after they cool, Karina mentions it on her recipe.

I have tried them too and they were outright rejected by my kids bc of texture and taste...i think almond flour is good but my kids r not keen on it genrally...and i have no acess to xantham gum or specialty products or boxed mixes...so everything is pretty basic...but this forum has been literally a lifeline..we have been on this path for a year and half and things r getting bteer including my skills in the kitchen

purple Community Regular
I have tried them too and they were outright rejected by my kids bc of texture and taste...i think almond flour is good but my kids r not keen on it genrally...and i have no acess to xantham gum or specialty products or boxed mixes...so everything is pretty basic...but this forum has been literally a lifeline..we have been on this path for a year and half and things r getting bteer including my skills in the kitchen

We mainly just use corn tortilla chips, great for all sorts of dips, chili, bean dip, guacamole, salsa, hummus, nachos, taco/sloppy joe mix...the Mission Chips are pretty tough, great for scooping.

Wonka Apprentice

I make this granola bar about 3 times per week. I make it with 1/2 nutty flax cereal/1/2 gluten-free rice crispy cereal, 2 cups mixed nuts and 1 cup chocolate chips (one daughter will not eat fruit and chocolate just works well in this recipe), sometimes I will add 1/4 cup chopped dates to the honey/brown sugar part of the glue (it melts well and blends with the chocolate, so daughter doesn't know it is there). I also use almond butter instead of peanut butter (I'm intolerant to legumes). Open Original Shared Link

Here is a link to her other recipes, all the ones I have tried have been winners. Open Original Shared Link

irish daveyboy Community Regular

Hi,

Here's a recipe for a Gluten Free WF DF Corn flour/starch Sponge cake, there's only 3 ingredients

The recipe is unforgiving, so needs to be followed exactly (no short cuts).

There are lots of recipes on my various sites, for access links see my profile.

Best Regards,

David

A&Z'S MOM Apprentice

thank you all....i appreciate each of your responses..i just made a copy of your spongecake recipe daveyboy adn will try it out for sure..but maybe as cupcakes.....i found one recipe for cheese crackers and tried them today...they r too hot to tatse right now but look good..hope my kids like them...i am going thru each site recommended...and compling a folder which my kids can have when they learn to cook...Thank God for this forum!!!!!!this place has been more helpful then my doc and a nutrtionist combined...you guys really rock!!!!!

cheese crackers

110gms cheddar shredded

1/4 cup butter softened

3/4 cup cornstarch

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking powder

your choice of dried herbs or spices for topping

preheat oven to 200 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment

combine all dry ingredints untill it becomes a fine crumb

add the milk and knead into a dough

roll out douhg 1/8 inch thick and cut into desired shapes

place on a baking sheet and prick with a fork

bake for ten minutes

A&Z'S MOM Apprentice

THE CRACKERS WERE FAB!!!!

THE KIDS WERE DIVIDED THOUGH...SON FOUND THEM TOO CHEESY BUT I AND MY DD FOUND THEM VERY CLOSE TO RITZ CRACKERS.....

now if i reduce the amount of cheese and maybe add an egg, i would have a better dough, the original recipe was bit crumbly...any ideas

you have more experience than i do...so any suggestions or tips would be welcome!!!!! :rolleyes:

purple Community Regular
THE CRACKERS WERE FAB!!!!

THE KIDS WERE DIVIDED THOUGH...SON FOUND THEM TOO CHEESY BUT I AND MY DD FOUND THEM VERY CLOSE TO RITZ CRACKERS.....

now if i reduce the amount of cheese and maybe add an egg, i would have a better dough, the original recipe was bit crumbly...any ideas

you have more experience than i do...so any suggestions or tips would be welcome!!!!! :rolleyes:

You could compare it with this recipe for cheese crackers to see what changes you can make.

link wont work, try this one:

then go to:

recipes

crackers, cheesey quinoa

I have a pie crust recipe with egg and cream cheese in it, maybe a little cream cheese would help.

Strawberry Shortcakes

makes 12, perfect everytime I make them, we cut ours, use for cupcakes

Shortbread

great recipe, dip edge in choc/nuts, read comments, use crumbs for pie crust

saw this one today:

check the gluten-free box

bear6954 Apprentice

I have a cook book called "You won't believe it's gluten free!" by Roben Ryberg. This book is made with single ingredients - rice, corn, potato etc. It has everthing in the book and it gives subs for dairy. It has snacks, meals, crusts, cookies, bread etc. I have not interest in selling of the book, it happened to be the first cook book I picked out when my son was diagnosed.

A&Z'S MOM Apprentice

looked up the short bread and short cake recipes...i am set for a week..i will try them out and hoping they turn out welll.........again thanx everyone :rolleyes:

Archived