This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free Cream Of Mushroom Soup

Crystalkd

Crystalkd Contributor

As a kid one of my favorite dishes was pork chops baked with Cream of Mushroom Soup and veggies. I have a craving for it. I haven't been able to find a gluten-free cream of Mushroom soup. Any one have any ideas?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

Progresso Creamy Mushroom and Health Valley Organic Cream of Mushroom soups are gluten free. Here's a recipe too: Open Original Shared Link

purple Community Regular

You can find a bunch of ideas on here if you google it in the box above.

Lisa16 Collaborator

Glutino actually makes a cream of mushroom buillion. it comes in a white plastic jar and it is pretty inexpensive. I found some in the klocal grocery store, but I bet you could get it online.

Of course, the other thing to do is make your own from scratch.

1 large box of mushrooms (big guys) quartered

1 medium shallot

2-3 cloves of garlic, sliced or minced

2 green onions, sliced

1 large potato cut into tiny bits

a dash of gluten-free soy sauce

a dash of sesame oil

2 cups of cream

salt

pepper

I also add some potato starch to thicken this (i make it dairy free without the cream) and you can add a dash for siracha for a bit of a kick or perhaps a slug of sherry.

digmom1014 Enthusiast

*Just one note*

When you find it, buy several cans of it. I had no trouble finding it around Thanksgiving (green bean casserole) but none of our store's have it right now. I finally found a few cans of Progresso hidden on the back of the shelf and I bought them all!

Crystalkd Contributor

I was able to find the pregresso!!! YUM! I had tried the organic one before and didn't like it. I'm going to stock up on it for sure!!

Green bean cassarole? what do you use for the french fried onions?

hez Enthusiast

I will try getting the link on here to the recipe I use. It is not as easy as opening a can of soup but it has the same consistency as the cream of condensed soups have. Works great in everything I have tried it in.

Open Original Shared Link

Hez

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Roda Rising Star

I use Organic Cream of Mushroom Soup by Health Valley. It is not condensed so when I use it over a roast I have to thicken it up for gravy. The taste to me is better than the Progresso but I think it might be a little more expensive. My husband can't talk enough about the flavor, he loves it!

Open Original Shared Link

This can tell you where you can buy it.

luvthelake21 Rookie

I used funyuns and they worked really well.

Wonka Apprentice

gluten-free CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP

This recipe is not a soup for eating out of a bowl but a soup for adding to casseroles etc..

2 Tbsp unsalted butter

rita kam Newbie

make your own i do all the time 2 cups sliced mushrooms--1- 1/2cups chicken broth--2 cups water-6 cups milk (i use soy milk) 2 tbsp margarine or 1 tbsp olive oil--2 tbsp dried onion flakes--bring water/broth onion flakes mushroms to a boil /simmer for 10 mins-add 4 cups milk heat until hot- mix the balance of the milk(2 cups) with 9 tbsp of tapioca flour(mix well so that there are no lumps) add this to the hot mixture and bring to a boil simmer until thick(5 mins)or less stirring all the time so that it doesn't stick add salt/pepper to taste /i add a bit of parsley and dill weed try it very tasty

Archived