This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Feeling Bad Again

GlutenGuy36

GlutenGuy36 Contributor

I know that I have not eaten anything with gluten in it. I am not currently eating anything that is even considered gluten free... I eat a few yougurts and then by the end of the night my whole body is sore. I had to do a stool sample a while back so I am sure they would of told me if I had candida. I am just at my wits end here. I have tried to be so careful now I am wondering if this is lactose / candida problem beccause my pain on my lower right side is mostly gone but I get really sore all over after eating certain things like yogurt ( yoplait) and I had a few sodas.

I guess I will have to try to cut out sugar now and any type of milk product. Does anyone else in here have symptoms like this where you seem to hurt all over? I had ANA tests for other auto immune dieseases and doc said those were all in line. April 14th will be my 9 month anniversary gluten-free but not seeing tons of improvement.

Thinking of buying three lac for fighting candida...I heard that can make you feel really crummy and it does seem to happen after eating sugar or anything that converts to it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

I would begin a food diary. Keep track of everything and it might render some culprits. Dairy can also mimic the gluten experience. Try to give it up for a while and see if you improve.

mattathayde Apprentice

well lactose issues are common with celiac disease, even after the gluten is stopped it takes a while for lactose/milk issues to resolve but from my research it seems that they usually do resolve for many people. that being said you might just also have a casein issue. maybe supplemental enzymes will help you but unless you can find some one that specializes in that stuff it might just be trial and error. i know i was told i had a sensitivity to a protein in milk and was given digestive enzymes, i have taken them for a few years now and they seem to help some over all, but i dont seem to have any issues with dairy any more. i also take a gluten digestion just to make sure i have some help if i get glutened and even when im eating 100% gluten-free it helps my digestion and i take another supplement that is licorice based IIRC which also helps.

if it was me i would try not eating it for a while and see if your symptoms clear and if they do then you can try eating it again to see if you have issues

hope you can figure it all out

-matt

fripp017 Apprentice

I'm glad you posted this. I was "diagnosed" with Celiac Disease in February. My doctor couldn't give me a full diagnosis, because he's a jackass, and me and my pcp believe that I caught it pretty early. I had only a few symptoms, but they were severe. I had abdominal pain that would send me to the ER and extreme fatigue and irritibility. I have been gluten free ever since, but recently I have started having abdominal pain coming back. I was hoping to get away with just being gluten free. You see people on this site who are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and all this other stuff. I think having Celiac disease does make your body more vulnerable to sensitivity. Dairy is a common one. I have actually started weeding out dairy because of the pain coming back. If you noticed it was yogurt, then you should consider going dairy free.

ksymonds84 Enthusiast

I agree with everyone that a dairy free trial could be beneficial to you. I would totally eliminate it for at least a month, diligently reading labels for casein, whey, lactose etc. and seeing if that helps. A food journal also helps keep track to see if anything else may be bothering you such as soy, fructose, etc. It was well worth it for me. Hope you feel better soon!

Chrissyb Enthusiast

I would have to agree with everybody and stop the dairy products. I had to about 4 months after going gluten free, funny thing is only thing I can eat is yougurt and at times it is the only thing that will calm my stomach that and peanut butter. I do not understand the why those two things work for me sometimes but they do. If anybody can tell me I would love to know.

Good luck and hang in there.

Chrissy

mattathayde Apprentice
I would have to agree with everybody and stop the dairy products. I had to about 4 months after going gluten free, funny thing is only thing I can eat is yougurt and at times it is the only thing that will calm my stomach that and peanut butter. I do not understand the why those two things work for me sometimes but they do. If anybody can tell me I would love to know.

Good luck and hang in there.

Chrissy

edumicated guess, i would bet its because its a lot of protein but in a pretty easy to digest form. probably just lets your GI track go "o hey, look at that, its easy, alright i can do this"

-matt

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Chrissyb Enthusiast

Easy is good, I like easy :D

Archived