This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Dapsone Discontinued In Some Places?

declan

declan Newbie

I have had itching since i was a small child, horrible time, i don

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

Probably a local thing.

You should realize that because you have DH, you have celiac and are most likely doing yourself damage other than itchy skin. My father had few symptoms other than DH but at age 70 was diagnosed with definite celiac. He went gluten-free but still lost most of his teeth, most likely because of the years of eating gluten. I also had DH and and have been completely off dapsone for 8 years now.

There are many wonderful sauces that don't contain gluten and, at least where I live, curry doesn't contain gluten.

good luck

richard

flourgirl Apprentice

I have to agree here. You could be sustaining so much more damage than just itchy skin! I happen to be one who has many symptoms, DH as well as severe intestinal damage. If you do a little research, you'll see the possible consequences of avoiding the gluten free diet. There are so many food options available to you....and many substitutions for wheat flour. I don't often feel like I'm missing out on anything. Occaisionally I feel like I miss the convenience of pre-prepared foods, but mostly I feel there is nothing I can't have...it's just different, and much, much healthier. I would urge you to do some reading, and not just here, for your own sake.

My DH was horrid. I had problems for years without knowing the cause until fairly recently. Now that I know the cause, and avoid it, I also avoid the painful, debilitating rash. I also can avoid a lot of other health issues. Good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
declan Newbie

Thank you. At the very least you made me realize how lucky i am, i have a very very mild form of DH.

I will look into a GFD, but am not looking forward to it. However my partner says that we can do it, so we

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Thank you. At the very least you made me realize how lucky i am, i have a very very mild form of DH.

I will look into a GFD, but am not looking forward to it. However my partner says that we can do it, so we

Archived