This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Research Paper

RideAllWays

RideAllWays Enthusiast

For my research paper in my composition class, I have decided to write about celiac disease. I would love some input from fellow celiacs, and if you could include your real name so I can quote accurately that would be great. My questions are as followed:

What are your symptoms after being glutened?

How old were you when you were diagnosed?

For how long had you had health problems before your diagnosis?

Any other relevant information or anecdotes would also be appreciated.

Thank you!

My email is d.hoholuk@hotmail.com if you do not wish to post your story on here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Ginger schneider
    Newest Member
    Ginger schneider
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Jean Shifrin
    • Scott Adams
      I just want to make sure that you've been eating gluten daily, 2-4 slices of wheat bread, for 6-8 weeks leading up to your blood panel for celiac disease: This article might be helpful. It breaks down each type of test, and what a positive results means in terms of the probability that you might have celiac disease. One test that always needs to be done is the IgA Levels/Deficiency Test (often called "Total IGA") because some people are naturally IGA deficient, and if this is the case, then certain blood tests for celiac disease might be false-negative, and other types of tests need to be done to make an accurate diagnosis. The article includes the "Mayo Clinic Protocol," which is the best overall protocol for results to be ~98% accurate.    
    • Scott Adams
      Thank you for sharing, and I would only add that the 1/2 c oats should be gluten-free oats.
    • Scott Adams
      This is quite interesting, and probably everyone who is newly diagnosed should exclude oats for a while, then reintroduce gluten-free oats slowly. I did not realize that such a high percentage, 38% of celiacs, react to avenin, or that if they react it could be a transient intolerance. 
    • Scott Adams
      We have an Arthritis and Celiac Disease category of articles that you may find interesting: https://www.celiac.com/celiac-disease/celiac-disease-amp-related-diseases-and-disorders/arthritis-and-celiac-disease/