This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Dr In Fort Worth Tx?

DMarie

DMarie Apprentice

Would there be anyone out there who could recommend a doctor specializing in Celiacs in Fort Worth TX? Are there any sites that anyone knows of for location doctors who specialize in Celiacs?

I have seen 2 doctors who don't think it is Celiac, but the symptoms sure seem like what many describe on this forum. Mine aren't "typical" symptoms, so I think that is why it gets written off.

Dawn

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

liljules5 Rookie

I was diagnosed in Dallas by Dr. Lee with the Digestive Health Associates of TX. I went in at the beginning of my Christmas break and had an answer by Jan 7 after having an endoscopy, colonoscopy, and small bowel series. If you're willing to make the trip to Dallas, it's worth it. Open Original Shared Link for information.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Groeno99
    Newest Member
    Groeno99
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• knitty kitty
      Welcome to the forum, @Nogluten4thisgirl! Those symptoms are related to nutritional deficiencies.  Because the intestines get damaged in Celiac Disease, they cannot absorb sufficient vitamins and minerals.   NCGS doesn't damage the intestines, but it may be a precursor to celiac disease and damage hasn't started yet.     There's eight essential B vitamins, Vitamin C, and four fat soluble vitamins, including Vitamin D.  There's a dozen minerals.  celiac disease affects the absorption of all of them, not just one or two.  They all work together, so supplementing just one or two may not improve the malnutrition.   Have you been tested for deficiencies beyond Vitamin D and B12?  Have you discussed supplementing with vitamins and minerals while healing with your doctor and nutritionist? Chronic constipation....magnesium and Thiamine brain fog, memory issues, brain feels like it’s on fire sometimes, adhd, depression, anxiety....Thiamine Vitamin B 1and the B vitamins mouth sores, graphical tongue....B12 and the other B s skin lesions/sores that went away with gluten-free diet, acne...Niacin dry eyes, joint pain and cracking...Vitamin A and omega three fats chronic fatigue...Thiamine and the B s leg and ankle feel like they are heavy or retaining water/painful... Thiamine, magnesium, potassium and the Bs night sweats....Vitamin D deficiency horrible heart palpitations....Thiamine gas that would clear a room....possibly Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth SIBO I was in very poor health due to nutritional deficiencies while on my journey to diagnosis.  I've experienced all of these myself.  More details in my blog.  I studied nutrition before earning a degree in microbiology at university.  I'm concerned about your numerous symptoms pointing to Thiamine insufficiency.  The brain/mental health symptoms get serious rapidly.  Please talk to your doctor soon about "Wet Beriberi".  Your doctor should be able to give an IV of high dose Thiamine.  Over the counter Thiamine in the form called Benfotiamine will help as well. Thiamine deficiency: a commonly unrecognised but easily treatable condition https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC10398819/ Thiamine deficiency disorders: a clinical perspective https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC8451766/
    • knitty kitty
      Welcome to the tribe, @Aussie Celiac!  How are you progressing?  Are your iron levels getting better?
    • knitty kitty
      Impressive!  I wish I had a green thumb!   I followed a Paleo diet, the Autoimmune Protocol diet.  It cuts out all grains and processed foods made with grains for a few weeks.  I felt great improvement during that time.  I didn't eat grains again for a few months because I kept feeling better.    Gluten is a lectin, a carbohydrate storage molecule that is hard to digest.  Other plants like rice and quinoa have their own lectins that are hard to digest.  Lectins can keep the intestines irritated, and histamine levels high. Consider cutting these out and see if you feel better.  Feed your tummy like you would a small child or kitten.  Small, easily to digest meals close together.   Try it over the weekend and let us know the results!
    • Bindi
      Chicken, fish, beef, venison fruit and veges. Rice, gluten-free pastas, quinoa, gluten-free toast, crackers and chips. All my herbs are home grown and dried myself unless I've bought certified gluten free and I make all my sauces and stuff from scratch.
    • knitty kitty
      Would you tell us what you do eat?   I had a problem with high histamine foods when I first started eating gluten free.  Perhaps we can help point out problematic foods.  Do you keep a food journal?