This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is Planters Peanuts Gluten Free?

Manboy

Manboy Rookie

are they??? i new to this

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

psawyer Proficient

Planters is a Kraft brand. If there is any gluten present it will be clearly disclosed in the ingredient list.

Manboy Rookie
Planters is a Kraft brand. If there is any gluten present it will be clearly disclosed in the ingredient list.

thanks...

GottaSki Mentor

We had the same question when we started gluten-free. We eat both Planter's Dry Roasted and Plain Salted Peanuts every day -- we buy them in the huge can from warehouse store as they are a great quick snack.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - knitty kitty replied to BadHobit's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Help! I have to eat gluten :(

2. - BadHobit replied to BadHobit's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

3. - trents replied to Vickey Matteson's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Celiac diagnosis

4. - Vickey Matteson replied to Vickey Matteson's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Celiac diagnosis

5. - knitty kitty replied to BadHobit's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

ashively81
    Newest Member
    ashively81
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• knitty kitty
      @BadHobit, You don't need to eat gluten to have a DNA test for Celiac Disease genes.  You need to let your doctors know how severe your reaction to gluten is.  It's endangering your health.   I could not finish a gluten challenge after having been gluten free for a while beforehand.  My doctors diagnosed me by positive genes for celiac disease and improvement on the gluten free diet.  You've got positive blood tests as well.  A baseline endoscopy can still be done, just without the gluten challenge.   The dermatologist needs to take biopsies from skin adjacent to the skin lesions or blisters, not right on top of them.  Hopefully, your dermatologist is experienced with Dermatitis Herpetiformis.   Hope you feel better.  Let us know how things turn out.
    • BadHobit
      Thank you very much for your support and information. I came close to eating a slice of bread yesterday but had to take a stomach pill because it caused pain. I went to the toilet 5 times, unbelievable. And I felt drunk, stumbling left and right and getting quite clumsy. The foul-smelling stools started right away. And I was very restless in my sleep, I woke up several times with nightmares. I don't even count the itching. It's too bad it happened so fast. I have itching and blisters, so I'll see a dermatologist tomorrow. I will let you know if it is dermatitis herpetiformis. I just want to ask. I can't even eat 4 slices of gluten-free bread a day. I can get by on one or two slices of bread or three cookies for six weeks, right?  
    • trents
      So, you did have symptoms: vomiting and diarrhea. They are classic symptoms of celiac disease. That must be why they checked you for celiac disease. A colonoscopy cannot be used to diagnose celiac disease. The scope can't reach up into the small bowel from the lower end. The kind of scoping they do to check for celiac disease is called an endoscopy. The go down into the small bowel through the mouth and the stomach. The small bowel starts where the stomach ends. During the endoscopy when checking for celiac disease, they will biopsy the lining of the small bowel and send it off to a lab for microscopic analysis. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder in which the ingestion of gluten causes inflammation to the lining of the small bowel. This inflammation wears down the millions of tiny finger-like projections that make up the lining. This lining is where all the nutrition is absorbed from the food we eat. As the lining becomes more and more damaged with time, the efficiency with which it can absorb nutrients becomes more and more impaired, often resulting in other medical conditions that have a nutritional deficiency cause. Osteoporosis would be a classic example but there are many others. It's important to realize that whether or not consuming gluten makes you feel ill, if you have celiac disease, damage is happing to the lining of your small bowel, however small it might be and however slowly it might be progressing. This is why it is so important for you to take gluten free eating seriously. Believe me, every celiac in the world sympathizes with you in not wanting to have to go there. Not only does it mean giving up many foods you enjoy but it also has a social cost and can even put a ding in your budget if you rely heavily on pre-prepared gluten free foods.
    • Vickey Matteson
      I had a colonoscopy and they went up to the small intestine and saw something. Prior to this I was having episodes of vomiting. It would be months apart and diarrhea would come too but always started with vomiting. Just out of the blue I would be attacked. They don't know what that is from.
    • knitty kitty
      Welcome to the forum, @BadHobit Were you tested for H. Pylori infection?  Sometimes this infection can cause stomach irritation and even ulcers.  H. Pylori infection can trigger Celiac Disease.  H.Pylori infection is frequently found in celiac disease. Ask for DNA testing to see if you have any of the genes seen in Celiac Disease.  Having the genes for Celiac shows you have the potential to develop Celiac Disease.  Infections, physical trauma and stressful events can trigger the Celiac genes to become active.  Symptoms appear once activated.  If you don't have any genes for Celiac Disease, then it can be ruled out, and another reason for the ulcer and Gerd should be pursued.   Stick with 4 - 6 slices of bread for the Gluten Challenge. Keep us posted on your progress!