This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tired Of This....

GlutenGuy36

GlutenGuy36 Contributor

It's bad enough that you have to scrutinize every ingredient in the things you eat but when you buy things that are SUPPOSED to be gluten free and you get glutened by them, it just makes me very irate.

I have only been eating glutino gluten free bagels, and hormels natural choice turkey lunch meat which clearly states no gluten and ditto for the bagels. I was fine with these then I bought some gluten free corn dogs and got sick a day later. Had abdominal pain and tons of mucus in my stool. (sorry tmi). I am so tired of this.

I watch everything that goes into my mouth. I live in a shared home so CC is a big concern. I have my own toaster and I wash off everyplate before I set something on it. I was actually starting to think I may have turned the corner starting December 11th as I actually had my first not so horrible day in over a year and 5 months and now this happenes. My stools had returned to solid but I still have alot of overall pains. When you try so hard to be careful and then you think you are buying safe product it just makes me very angry with this whole thing. I'm so tired if being sick. It seems like everything I put in my mouth makes me feel bad. Sorry for venting ..I'm just tired of it all.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ciavyn Contributor

Ugh - that is frustrating. I will say this though. You may want to consider eating less processed foods. I tried to do processed foods in the beginning. Oh my gosh, the misery just continued. Now I eat all whole foods and things I've made myself, and eat out very little, and I'm finally starting to feel better. Hang in there...this is very frustrating, but it's also going to be healthier for you over time...and hopefully, you'll discover things you like even better.

Korwyn Explorer
It's bad enough that you have to scrutinize every ingredient in the things you eat but when you buy things that are SUPPOSED to be gluten free and you get glutened by them, it just makes me very irate.

I have only been eating glutino gluten free bagels, and hormels natural choice turkey lunch meat which clearly states no gluten and ditto for the bagels. I was fine with these then I bought some gluten free corn dogs and got sick a day later. Had abdominal pain and tons of mucus in my stool. (sorry tmi). I am so tired of this.

I watch everything that goes into my mouth. I live in a shared home so CC is a big concern. I have my own toaster and I wash off everyplate before I set something on it. I was actually starting to think I may have turned the corner starting December 11th as I actually had my first not so horrible day in over a year and 5 months and now this happenes. My stools had returned to solid but I still have alot of overall pains. When you try so hard to be careful and then you think you are buying safe product it just makes me very angry with this whole thing. I'm so tired if being sick. It seems like everything I put in my mouth makes me feel bad. Sorry for venting ..I'm just tired of it all.

Hey GG, I have to say I have had the same experience and wound up in the same place Ciavyn has. I pretty much can't seem to handle any processed foods or ingredients. The more refined it is, the worse I react. A little here and a little there (some every few days) seems to be OK, but more than that and I start having various reactions. A perfect example of this for me is corn. Fresh (or frozen) corn is fine in any amount day after day. Ground corn (corn meal, corn chips) I can have some every two or three days in moderations, but daily and I start reacting. Corn starch and corn syrup are big no-nos. I have the same issue with most starchy carbs and grains. I can have some in small amounts spaced out over a couple days but any more and I react. If I have bread (home-made by me, so I KNOW there is no CC) more that three times in a week I start having issues.

We pretty much live on fresh veggies, fruits, natural sweeteners (raw honey, raw agave, and pure maple syrup) and protein (beef, lamb, pork, chicken, fish, eggs, etc) with some refined/processed foods occasionally. For me any refined sugars are out regardless of the source.

It wasn't until we started this way of eating that my system began to really heal and started showing serious long-term improvement. I still have some ups and downs (down right now which is why I'm typing this instead of sleeping) but significantly more ups.

dilettantesteph Collaborator

Me too. I got so tired of it that I also stopped eating almost all processed foods. It's the only way for us sensitives.

Archived