This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is My Assumption Correct?

RideAllWays

RideAllWays Enthusiast

Hi there, I've been wondering about Slurpees (usually 7-11 or Mac's, I assume they are all the same...) and was thinking that if the flavour was gluten free, such as coke, does that mean that the slushie is for sure gluten-free?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

This was on thread a few weeks ago. I wrote to 711 because on the web site some flavors said contain gluten or wheat. Some flavors had no nutritional info at all. The response was that 711 did not know what is in the Slurpees. I know that some of these iced drinks have a base and then the flavor of coke or cherry is added. I don't remember where but one place had barley malt sweetener in it. It was a small like icy drink cart not a store. We make our own at home with just the soda and one of those "ice cream makers" that you freeze and then stir what is in them. Could probably freeze soda and put in the blender with a little unfrozen soda.

jststric Contributor

Really? I never would have thought! It's been ages since having those things but was back in my hometown last summer and one of the Quick Trips had a RedHots flavor that was the bomb! I had NO problems and I am pretty sensitive....not Celiac, but intolerant. I have to consider possible dairy in things and I was more worried about that in slurpees that even considering wheat!

Archived