This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

LauraTX Rising Star

Addy I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself!  :) 

Tonight is grilled chicken with roasted potatoes and carrots.  Tomorrow I am making DIY chipotle bowls (I ruin myself I swear) and Saturday is nachos to use up the delicious guacamole.  Yesterday for lunch for a few days I made up some homemade gnocchi with sauteed mushrooms and zuchinni.  I love that combination.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GF Lover Rising Star

WooHoo for Addy's wonderful day.   :D

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Yay! That would be amazing to be able to eat everything at a potluck. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself! :)

I tried Amy's Sonoma veggie burgers yesterday and I loved them! I think that I'm going to keep a couple in the house along with Udi's buns as a contingency plan if hubby and the kids want to go to Subway or somewhere else that I can't eat.

GF Lover Rising Star

:ph34r: You have a pound of ground chickens, what do you do....

kareng Grand Master

:ph34r: You have a pound of ground chickens, what do you do....

Pick the poor little thing up off the ground?

GF Lover Rising Star

Then what?  :mellow:

kareng Grand Master

Then what? :mellow:

Tacos? A skillet Mexi meal - beans, salsa, whatever....? Chili? Chicken " burgers"? Meatloaf? I have seen stir fries with ground meats.

Gracie says " feed it to the cat".

I forget what people can and can't eat.....

Edited by kareng

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

Chickens loaf sounds good.  Never made it with Chickens before.  Mexican food...well...I don't eat it much  :lol:  Can I make a chickens loaf in my KFG?

kareng Grand Master

Chickens loaf sounds good.  Never made it with Chickens before.  Mexican food...well...I don't eat it much  :lol:  Can I make a chickens loaf in my KFG?

Why not? You can make turkey meatballs in the KFG. And ground turkey is interchangeable with ground chicken..... And meatballs are just tiny meat loafs.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/09/apple-cheddar-and-turkey-meatballs.html

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/06/crockpot-meatloaf-recipe.html

GF Lover Rising Star

Perfect.  Chicken Loaf it is....Thanks Karen  :D

kareng Grand Master

Perfect.  Chicken Loaf it is....Thanks Karen  :D

I think I would spice it up a bit more than a hamburger meatloaf. Might be a bit bland. I liked the ideas of apples in the meatballs.

GF Lover Rising Star

I saw the cranberries and my assets puckered  :P   I really liked the rice for the binder instead of bread stuff.  Never heard of it before.  Put in fresh onions and peppers.  I don't like ketchup on my loafs so I chucked that one.  I made up my own diced tomatoes with italian seasoning.  Was plenty moist.  It's in the Crock.

Happy Happy  :D

kareng Grand Master

I saw the cranberries and my assets puckered  :P   I really liked the rice for the binder instead of bread stuff.  Never heard of it before.  Put in fresh onions and peppers.  I don't like ketchup on my loafs so I chucked that one.  I made up my own diced tomatoes with italian seasoning.  Was plenty moist.  It's in the Crock.

Happy Happy  :D

My  mom used to make a meatball with rice it - called them porcupine balls.   The rice sort of showed and looked like quills.

So did you put in cranberries?  Let us know how it turns out.

GF Lover Rising Star

No Cranberries.  I have a thing about sweet stuff being separate from other foods.  The sweet and sour stuff makes me cringe too.  

I'll report back  :D

GottaSki Mentor

Why not? You can make turkey meatballs in the KFG. And ground turkey is interchangeable with ground chicken..... And meatballs are just tiny meat loafs. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/09/apple-cheddar-and-turkey-meatballs.htmlhttp://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/06/crockpot-meatloaf-recipe.html

Yep...this is what I was going to type...but k beat me to it.

We use ground beef, chicken and turkey interchangeable. Have found chicken and turkey make moister meatloaf. Sometimes I let them all play together.

GottaSki Mentor

My  mom used to make a meatball with rice it - called them porcupine balls.   The rice sort of showed and looked like quills.

So did you put in cranberries?  Let us know how it turns out.

We make porcupine balls in the pressure cooker...took a while to find tomato soup that worked as well as Campbell's for the sauce.

GF Lover Rising Star

So every one but me knows about rice in meat balls and meatloaf eh?   :huh:  Hubs probably knows, him being the cook around here.  I'm just pitch hitting because he's down today.  

GottaSki Mentor

So every one but me knows about rice in meat balls and meatloaf eh?   :huh:  Hubs probably knows, him being the cook around here.  I'm just pitch hitting because he's down today.

Meatloaf is the easiest option.

Want an easy recipe?....hope hubs is feeling better soon :)

So my sinful bacon wrapped sweet potatoes got postponed as I wasn't able to cook last night...son made simple BBQ pork chops, rice and carrot curls.

Tonight we are having tri tip with the bacon wrapped sweet potato fries...making them up this morning so the men only need throw them in the oven if needed at dinner time.

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Oooh, rice sounds like a great idea as a binder for my veggie loaves. I don't always have bread crumbs, but I do virtually always have rice.

GF Lover Rising Star

Easy recipes are always wanted and needed  :)  It's his Addison's, He's been sleeping around 15 hours a day.  He just has no energy.  When he does we try to hit the golf course and relax and have fun.  He's been feeling so well this summer so he's kinda bummed.  I got him a bucket of chickens the other day, but now I have to cook  :o  :lol:

SMRI Collaborator

I didn't know you were a golfer gluten-free Lover--we are too....well we used to be, we haven't been out much in the past couple years but hoping to get back to it soon!!  I used to be a single digit handicap but doubt I am any more.  Our kids golf in college too.

I'm not really cooking tonight--found some Barilla pasta for $1.99 so I got some of that and I'm making spaghetti.  I'm trying to figure out how to sneak food into the ball game on Sunday.  We have a company outing there an no outside food allowed.  All the food is free for us, I just can't eat any of it....they do bag checks so no luck bringing it in my purse...oh well, I think there might be chips I can eat LOL.

Hub's mom makes Porcupine Meatballs too :D.  I usually make meat-loaf with crackers, not bread crumbs and use BBQ sauce instead of ketchup.

GottaSki Mentor

I didn't know you were a golfer gluten-free Lover--we are too....well we used to be, we haven't been out much in the past couple years but hoping to get back to it soon!!  I used to be a single digit handicap but doubt I am any more.  Our kids golf in college too.

I'm not really cooking tonight--found some Barilla pasta for $1.99 so I got some of that and I'm making spaghetti.  I'm trying to figure out how to sneak food into the ball game on Sunday.  We have a company outing there an no outside food allowed.  All the food is free for us, I just can't eat any of it....they do bag checks so no luck bringing it in my purse...oh well, I think there might be chips I can eat LOL.

Hub's mom makes Porcupine Meatballs too :D.  I usually make meat-loaf with crackers, not bread crumbs and use BBQ sauce instead of ketchup.

I take food everywhere.  Usually the folks checking don't understand Celiac Disease so I do say I have severe allergies and can not eat out safely.  Only one time did my meal get tossed...and that was when my hubs was carrying my bag for me....now I let him carry until we are at the check point ;)

That being said...many chips and candy are gluten-free :D

kareng Grand Master

I get a note from the General Manager of the stadium first - if bringing in food is an issue.  

SMRI Collaborator

I'm trying to remember what they had last year--hot dogs, hamburgers for sure but I can't remember what else there was or if there were chips/candy even.  I know they had peanuts and popcorn but who knows what CC goes one in that stand.

GF Lover Rising Star

Hubs is the golfer, he was grounded for about 4 months because he had 3 neck discs replaced but he's back at it. I had to stop some time ago.  I drive the cart and take pictures of the beautiful course.  

The chicken loaf turned out awesome.  I have never had tomatoes with chicken before.  I really liked it.  Hubs even liked it, he had TWO servings...lol.  Thanks again K.