This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

cougie23 Explorer

I made these corn dog bites.

DSC_0693.webp

I used a gluten-free cornbread mix and buttermilk.

They were a big hit.

NOW THATS JUST EVIL!!! :lol: Can't wait to try it!Trader joes has some great dogs..all natural..gluten-free..no nitrates!Whats the best corn bread mix? I noticed alot around here (local stores)have wheat! :( ...Why they would put wheat in corn bread mix...beats me! :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

alex11602 Collaborator

NOW THATS JUST EVIL!!! :lol: Can't wait to try it!Trader joes has some great dogs..all natural..gluten-free..no nitrates!Whats the best corn bread mix? I noticed alot around here (local stores)have wheat! :( ...Why they would put wheat in corn bread mix...beats me! :blink:

I think I'll be making them this weekend too. We use the Bob's Red Mill cornbread mix and even my dad and sister who don't like cornbread ate alot of it.

TomSki Newbie

Hi all, I tried to start a new post but for some reason it has not been posted. I am trying to make my own wafers but cant find flat dry wafers in the US. I hope you know what I am talking about when saying dry flat wafers. If not please look at these http://www.domzdrowia.pl/112629,bezgluten-wafle-bezglutenowe-5-sztuk.html

Please let me know if any of you know where to purchase these in the US. I would be much obliged.

Tom

Jestgar Rising Star

Hi all, I tried to start a new post but for some reason it has not been posted. I am trying to make my own wafers but cant find flat dry wafers in the US. I hope you know what I am talking about when saying dry flat wafers. If not please look at these http://www.domzdrowia.pl/112629,bezgluten-wafle-bezglutenowe-5-sztuk.html

Please let me know if any of you know where to purchase these in the US. I would be much obliged.

Tom

These look like crackers? Made of corn, rice, potato, etc. I don't see any sugar, so something like a saltine? Maybe Glutino crackers?

sora Community Regular

10-7007-Lemon-Wafers-250x90.webp

I think he means this kind of wafer.

mushroom Proficient

No, my take on it is more like a crispbread, like is made by Orgran perhaps? And I haven't seen anything similar here in the U.S.

Mateto Enthusiast

I had t-bone steak, and LOTS of fresh salad on the side.

I'm waiting for the berries to start growing! At Summer, I tend to go "berry-tarian".....with the occasional apple, but it's only spring yet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Well, tonight we're headed to dinner at my FIL's. I'm packing baked beans for all (mine are in a seperate container), and I'm taking a leftover hamburger patty/bun and fixins from Wed. to eat in place of grilled stuff they're making - along with fruit salad (found some great berries today!).

And I made some great little flour less chocolate cupcakes today! I'm taking a few of those for me (infidels prefer cheap grocery store desserts) if that kid doesn't eat them all.

http://megannskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/nuts-about-chocolate-cupcakes-gluten-free.html?m=1

IrishHeart Veteran

Pesto pizza and cucumber salad. Hubs is golfing and he gets home late.

I am GLAD he goes every Friday; it's my excuse to eat PIZZA and have a glass of pinto grigio!! :D

Mom23boys Contributor

I tried my hand at Gluten-free Casein-free pizza. It was a hit.

IrishHeart Veteran

I tried my hand at Gluten-free Casein-free pizza. It was a hit.

:D yaaay! IH applauds wildly!!!

mushroom Proficient

it's my excuse to eat PIZZA and have a glass of pinto grigio!! :D

Another typo and you could have had a glass of pinto gringo :D

sa1937 Community Regular

And I made some great little flour less chocolate cupcakes today! I'm taking a few of those for me (infidels prefer cheap grocery store desserts) if that kid doesn't eat them all.

http://megannskitche...n-free.html?m=1

These sound wonderful but I couldn't get your link to work.

mboebel Newbie

Last night - steak frites! SO GOOD! A very rare treat for us, though. With a dessert of Blue Moon ice cream.

Tonight, I think blackened Mahi Mahi (my favorite), coconut rice, & spinach (husband has been on a huge spinach kick lately - maybe I will switch it up and make green beans or Brussels sprouts...).

IrishHeart Veteran

Another typo and you could have had a glass of pinto gringo :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: the best part is....I hadn't even had it yet when I wrote that :lol: :lol: :lol:

My excuse is a pulled muscle in my right shoulder. I keep kitttig the wronh keyss/ :unsure:

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

These sound wonderful but I couldn't get your link to work.

http://megannskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/nuts-about-chocolate-cupcakes-gluten-free.html?m=1

I don't know why the board is truncating links...but that's what's happening.

If it won't go to it the recipe is called Nuts About Chocolate Cupcakes - or search "gluten-free" on the blog.

I'll try it later on the computer.maybe it won't truncate it. I'm on my phone.

sa1937 Community Regular

http://megannskitche...n-free.html?m=1

I don't know why the board is truncating links...but that's what's happening.

If it won't go to it the recipe is called Nuts About Chocolate Cupcakes - or search "gluten-free" on the blog.

I'll try it later on the computer.maybe it won't truncate it. I'm on my phone.

I think I found it. Nuts About Chocolate Cupcakes Thanks, Prickley!

sora Community Regular

We are having a glorious hot sunny weekend here.

I made Taco Salad and again, watermelon for dessert.

sa1937 Community Regular

I made meat loaf, mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus. It was such a beautiful day here and I was hungry for comfort food.

Adalaide Mentor

Well, I haven't really cooked since Sunday. Between spending all day Monday at a midnight release event and spending way too much time playing video games since then I've lived off of all of my chocolate-peanut butter snacks and some Glutino frozen pizzas. (Which aren't particularly good, but they were on sale for $1.50 each.)

I managed to find my way to the kitchen tonight and we had honey glazed tilapia with brown rice and carrots. I was shocked that my husband actually ate the fish with the glaze and he liked it. He has this thing for plain and flavorless food, it drives me nuts when I make amazingly delicious things and he just makes a face and microwaves a pizza. This is one I can definitely add to my "recipe book" I keep in my head.

IrishHeart Veteran

I made meat loaf, mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus. It was such a beautiful day here and I was hungry for comfort food.

It was a beautiful day here, too. And oddly, I also made meatloaf, smashed potatoes (as we call them) and fresh green beans.

Must have been a meatloaf kind of day on the East Coast :lol: ....

sa1937 Community Regular

It was a beautiful day here, too. And oddly, I also made meatloaf, smashed potatoes (as we call them) and fresh green beans.

Must have been a meatloaf kind of day on the East Coast :lol: ....

I was debating between asparagus and fresh green beans...I figured I should use the more perishable asparagus first. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

And it looks like another beautiful day here on the East coast!

IrishHeart Veteran

I was debating between asparagus and fresh green beans...I figured I should use the more perishable asparagus first. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

And it looks like another beautiful day here on the East coast!

B) Sunny and 80. Looks like we'll be using the grill then.

Chicken, cole slaw and grilled asparagus (which was hardier than the green beans, so they were used first :lol: .)

Might make hubs some chocolate cupcakes with butter cream frosting--as he has toiled long and hard all week building the front porch. If I can't swing a hammer with him right now, I can feed him some goodies as a reward. :D

dcns65 Apprentice

Ah meatloaf! We haven't tried making that since going gluten-free in January. Can you post the recipe? Hubby usually make the meatloaf in our house so I'll give him some tips on adapting it to gluten-free.

Looks like a broiled steak, potatoes and green/yellow beans for dinner. I would love to grill the steak outside but the grill needs repair-it won't heat above 300 degrees. :(

freeatlast Collaborator

Baked ocean perch, fries, homemade slaw and fresh, uncooked corn on the cob.