This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Red Lobster Allergen Menu New

Darissa

Darissa Contributor

I recieved an email today regarding Red Lobsters new alleregan menu. There are not that many things that are gluten free, but there are a few things. Steamed Lobster, Shrimp Scampi, and the best part CHEESECAKE! It is a crustless cheesecake. I think that is what I miss the most when dinning out is gluten free deserts. Can't wait to try it.

Here is the link to the new allergan menu. Make sure to read the astricks, as some things are marked as being gluten free, but there is a chance of CC when prepared. At least the company takes that into consideration when making the menu. Thank You Red Lobster!

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BethJ Rookie

Thanks for posting this. I will avoid Red Lobster like the plague. Any restaurant that can't provide broiled fish, broccoli, asparagus and a shrimp cocktail without adding wheat isn't a place where I'll spend my money. What on earth are they doing to the broccoli? :o

Salax Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I will avoid Red Lobster like the plague. Any restaurant that can't provide broiled fish, broccoli, asparagus and a shrimp cocktail without adding wheat isn't a place where I'll spend my money. What on earth are they doing to the broccoli? :o

I was thinking the same thing. Crazy how they add gluten/wheat to naturally gluten free foods. Like asparagus and broccoli. My only thought is either its the seasoning or even more so I am guessing they blanch (spelling?) them in the boiling pasta water?

Unless there is a glutening fairy that comes at night and sprinkles gluteny particles on the veggies at Red Lobster's? I donno B) Weird though for sure. I will also not be dinning there..CC is to high and the idea that a simple veggie can't be gluten-free is crazy. Nope sorry Reb Lobster I know you tried...but try harder next time. :)

Kim27 Contributor

FYI I ate at Red Lobster last night and didn't experience any problems. They seemed to be very careful and I didn't get sick at all. I had snow crab legs, baked potato, and their cheesecake dessert!! I wouldn't avoid it like the plague at all. Although, it is weird you can't eat the asparagus or broccoli, must be a seasoning or something. Regardless, they do have some very good dishes to eat and who wants broccoli when you can actually eat the CHEESECAKE!

Kim27 Contributor

FYI I ate at Red Lobster last night and didn't experience any problems. They seemed to be very careful and I didn't get sick at all. I had snow crab legs, baked potato, and their cheesecake dessert!! I wouldn't avoid it like the plague at all. Although, it is weird you can't eat the asparagus or broccoli, must be a seasoning or something. Regardless, they do have some very good dishes to eat and who wants broccoli when you can actually eat the CHEESECAKE!

BethJ Rookie

. . . and who wants broccoli when you can actually eat the CHEESECAKE!

You make a very good point. :D

• 4 weeks later...
bincongo Contributor

The last time I checked it was the seasoning that made the broccoli off limits. I ordered it one time and just said no seasoning. I didn't like their shrimp scampy because the shrimp is so small but I have had the snow crab legs without any problems. The cheesecake is real good.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 5 months later...
elfdream Rookie

Lobster nachos! Had this for lunch.

Also had the shrimp scampi, a salad and coleslaw. Didn't have the cheesecake because I didn't have time but I will try it next time.

So far no problem.

Michelle1234 Contributor

Lobster nachos! Had this for lunch.

I tried to order the Lobster Nachos one time and was told it wasn't gluten free. I just looked at the menu and it appears that it is fried with wheat items. Did your Red Lobster have a dedicated frier? If so then I may try again but call around to find a Red Lobster that can offer it.

Thanks!

Michelle

elfdream Rookie

I tried to order the Lobster Nachos one time and was told it wasn't gluten free. I just looked at the menu and it appears that it is fried with wheat items. Did your Red Lobster have a dedicated frier? If so then I may try again but call around to find a Red Lobster that can offer it.

Thanks!

Michelle

That's odd. I don't know if there is a dedicated fryer or not. All I know is it showed up gluten free on our menu and I ate it and had no problems and if I get glutened my stomach starts to gurgle within 30 minutes. Nothing happened. I will ask the next time I'm there.

Michelle1234 Contributor

That's odd. I don't know if there is a dedicated fryer or not. All I know is it showed up gluten free on our menu and I ate it and had no problems and if I get glutened my stomach starts to gurgle within 30 minutes. Nothing happened. I will ask the next time I'm there.

Let me know as I thought it sounded really good.

Once I tried the cheese cake and it was to die for!

Thinking about this makes me want to go back...

• 1 month later...
Sira Raven Newbie

My mom has celiac disease, and we went to Red Lobster a few weeks ago. Our waiter didn't seem to have much understanding about gluten-free items and didn't give us an allergy-free menu or anything. My mom found the one online, though, and ordered the shrimp scampi. However, 10 minutes later, our waiter came out and said that the shrimp scampi, in his words, "has little particles...in it" so should couldn't have it. He said that he could give it to her dry, without the sauce. She ultimately ended up getting a steak, but we were definitely disappointed in the lack of knowledge of the staff and the inconsistency with the online menu.

Archived