This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New Feature: Blogs

celiac3270

celiac3270 Collaborator

Gosh, I could spend my entire life on here... a new feature: BLOGS! I love new features...this is nasty (not literally--it's a figure of speech :lol: )

Just a quick note to let you know that The Gluten-Free Forum now has a new Blog feature that allows registered members like you to create and maintain your own Internet blog. For those who don't know what a blog is, it is basically like your own diary on the Internet. In this case it is our hope that what you share in your blogs will greatly help other people with celiac disease.

For more information please log into the forum's home page at:

Open Original Shared Link

and click "Blogs," or visit the blog page directly at:

Open Original Shared Link

Thank you,

Scott Adams

www.celiac.com

www.glutenfreemall.com

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mytummyhurts Contributor

That's cool! I hope a lot of people do this. :D

jenvan Collaborator

dang--my husband will really call me a cyber nerd if i start blogging too !! :D

Guest imsohungry

Gosh ya'll,

I feel so OLD! I am so technologically un-savvy! :rolleyes:

"Blog" is a funny little word. :D I had to open this thread just out of curiosity.

celiac3270,

I went to your "Blog" and still have no idea exactly what I'm looking at...or how all of the messages interconnect...and what is a trackback?...I got totally lost! :o

How pitiful... <_<

-Julie (totally blog-less) ;)

celiac3270 Collaborator

Don't ask me--I'm new, too--lol :lol:

Have no idea what a trackback is..

Mine is really dull now, but I hope to find time to make it more interesting--I just wanted to test it out.

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

I have a blog, or LiveJournal, as we Thielians call it.

Check it out, it's in my signature.

VydorScope Proficient

For those that seem not to know, Blog is short for weblog. Its an on line diary, or journel type idea. Just FYI :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

Jill--you can also import the blog onto the site here, as well--but if it's not about celiac, I don't know... ;)

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

celiac3270,

It's about everything---and celiac disease. It's the story of my life, but I decided to make a separate celiac disease diary. My LJ is friends only, and I don't know if any of the members (besides Tiffany) have LJ.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Ginger38 replied to Ginger38's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Shaking/Tremors and Off Balance

2. - Wheatwacked replied to Rubii's topic in Post Diagnosis, Recovery & Treatment of Celiac Disease

Newly dignosed Celiac

3. - trents replied to Rubii's topic in Post Diagnosis, Recovery & Treatment of Celiac Disease

Newly dignosed Celiac

4. - Billy Boy replied to Billy Boy's topic in Gluten-Free Recipes & Cooking Tips

Almond flour v Almond powdered milk

5. - BNGed8 replied to BNGed8's topic in Post Diagnosis, Recovery & Treatment of Celiac Disease

Bodywide muscle weakness/fatigue

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Heather C
    Newest Member
    Heather C
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Ginger38
      Yea the bloating is MISERABLE!! I have gained 7 pounds since starting the gluten challenge 😵‍💫😔 at times I look and feel extremely pregnant! I have measured myself and will sometimes deflate 2 inches overnight 🤦🏼‍♀️I hope this weight gain goes away after I get back to the gluten free lifestyle .. I can’t afford to keep this extra weight Thank you!! Will do 
    • Wheatwacked
      Hello @Rubii, Since gluten is addictive and effects the opoid rececptors, some people have a withdrawal that lasts 10 to 15 days.  When alcohol or substance use is halted, the brain is forced to readjust to its sudden absence. This leads to unpleasant physical and mental withdrawal symptoms. Diarrhea, stomach pain, and vomiting are often experienced by people going through withdrawal from opioids and other drugs. Vitamin and mineral dificiencies are common and each has a set of symptoms. Vitamin D deficiency is ubiquitous in newly diagnosed celiac disease. Gluten containing processed food has some vitamins and minerals added to support the nutrients lost in milling.  There typically is no fortification to Gluten Free foods, so we need to be more aware. Low D compromises immune system, Thiamine and the other 7 B vitamins, Choline was B4 and is essential to fat digestion, deficiency can cause gallbladder symptoms.  
    • trents
      Sorry, in your first post you typed "a symptomatic" instead of "asymptomatic" so I misunderstood what you were saying. But anemia is a classic symptom of celiac disease.
    • Billy Boy
      Hi, The almond powder milk I've found is ridiculously expensive but I have found a suitable low carb almond milk - Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Original (Unsweetened), which I intend to dehydrate and use as milk powder. This would not be an issue with dark chocolate as this doesn't require milk powder but let's face it, milk and white chocolate is far more appealing 😆. Billy Boy 
    • BNGed8
      I had a full panel ran almost 2 years ago by my Rheumatologist to rule out any other autoimmune issues that she would be dealing with. They all came back negative except a weak Sjogrens marker but she told me it was nothing to worry about as I did not present most symptoms for it. I do have a script to get them all done again which I will be scheduling soon. The last week I have been experiencing what could possibly be gluten exposure? I have definitely experienced these symptoms before but not all together & for a week straight. I have what feels like a constant pressure headache above my eyebrows & unable to concentrate on much without feeling nauseous. The pressure headache & eye issues have been nonstop even after sleeping. I also have sensitive spots on my skin that kind of feel like a burning sensation when touched, it tends to move around every other day. The reason I feel like it could be gluten related is because I also have been experiencing severe itching around my anus (sorry to be blunt). I saw my primary who couldn't think of a diagnosis so ordered blood work to check for deficiencies. I have not experienced this feeling for over a week straight or to this magnitude, anyone have any insight on this?