This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Confused By Blood Work

raea2002

raea2002 Apprentice

Finally got copies of my blood work. The only numbers on them are <20 above the celiac antibody test. And another <20 above the antigliadian test then a <4 next to TGA and IGA range 265. The 265 to me makes sense but there is no other numbers except for the <20. Are there numbers missing?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

There should be two sets of numbers, one for your result and one for the normal range of the test. Usually if they put <x, it's an indication that the test was below the limit of detection and thus negative but it's hard to be sure without the normal ranges.

raea2002 Apprentice

My numbers are not there. It just says <20 and then it gives the range of <20 neg, 20-30 weak positive and >30 moderate positive. I just thought they had to give a number at what my results were at not just <20 example 12.

Skylark Collaborator

Nope. If they set the cutoff as <20, it means the detection limit is 20 and below that the numbers are not reliable enough to report.

raea2002 Apprentice

Thanks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - J1707 replied to J1707's topic in Introduce Yourself / Share Stuff

False reading as of right now

2. - Wormsy22 replied to Ginger38's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Shaking/Tremors and Off Balance

3. - glucel replied to glucel's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

canned salmon gluten free?

4. - glucel replied to glucel's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

potato chip cross contamination

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Theresa G
    Newest Member
    Theresa G
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• J1707
      Yes I definitely wrote this on my phone and still learning how to write correctly, I'm so sorry, but it would definitely be helpful to redo it that is after being put back on a gluten diet so it can possibly be more i guess noticable if I am? I've always had issues like these quite a lot since majorly my teen years , but it didn't become a huge problem til after having my daughter and so they all suspect me of possible celiac due to my blood tests and symptoms I've had when I was eating gluten filled food so it's definitely been frustrating that's for sure and thank you for the welcoming 😄
    • Wormsy22
      This tingling sensations have been going on about 5 weeks.  I am 52 years old.  So, I am trying to figure out if this is what is going on.  It sounds like the only things I can do to try to "confirm" it are... Get a DNA test to see if I have the genetic pre-disposition Get a Biopsy of small bowel.   Is that correct in your experience? Regarding blood test, I had a typical gluten cascade panel.  With scores as follows: tTG igA - 3 (Range shows 0-3 as negative...4-10 weak positive...>10 positive) Deadmidated Gliaden Abs, IgG - 2 (Range is 0-19 as negative and >30 positive) Antigliaden IgG - 17 (Range is 0-19 as negative and >30 positive) IgE Wheat - <0.10 (Range is <0.10 Negative....0.10-0.31 Low...etc.) B12 adn Folate were both high end of normal range - I don't seem to be lacking nutrients   TV   Thank you  for all this information...I will certainly look further into these links and information on Thiamine
    • Wormsy22
    • glucel
      Thanks Scott, The ing are salmon and salt. I had been buying aldi brand 14.5 oz can for around $3.30 but very difficult to get info on. I may upgrade to Safe Catch ($3.09 for only 5 oz) which claims to be gluten-free but does not say that on the can label. The co rep said most all fish canned in thailand or viet nam. So it seems that probably aldi brand and safe catch brand are processed in the same facility, however, the quality of safe catch judging from the description is better. I usually add dressing to the salmon so deciding between the two brands will be difficult.
    • glucel
      Thanks I am trying. Boulder is one chip co that states gluten-free on their bags of chips made with olive or avacado oil. Seems that they would no be quite as unhealthy to eat as those made with vegetable oil.