This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Safe Rice For Oat Intolerant Celiacs?

Carebear

Carebear Apprentice

Do any of you super sensitives that react to oats and oat cc (i.e. - lundberg rice products) have a safe rice brand I could try? It's mucho important for some upcoming traveling. Thanks a bunch!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFreeMO Proficient

Lundberg rice is safe. I emailed them last week and they told me that rice is all they produce. There are no oats there. with that said, Lundberg is the one and only rice that I can eat. Everything else I have tried had made me sick. I like the Sweet rice.

The problem for me with other brands of rice is that I am very corn allergic and the enrichment is adhered using corn starch. I found the brown unenriched to be CC with corn. I believe that Mahatma Brown rice says gluten free on the label. That should work if you are ok with corn.

jerseyangel Proficient

I use Lundberg too and I am intolerant to oats. My favorite is the White Basmati.

bartfull Rising Star

Uncle Ben's ASSURED me that they don't use any corn whatsoever. I too am extremely sensitive to corn, and Uncle Ben's has never given me any problems. It's a good thing too because the only two rices available here are Uncle Ben's and Minute Rice. <_<

Mateto Enthusiast

Do you have any Asian specialty stores in your area? Because usually they'll have rice that's certified to have come in no contact with oats or any other gluten containing-food. Shipped from Thailand or China, India or Japan... and usually organic too!

tTG-killer Newbie

I just moved from minute rice to using this brand of rice Open Original Shared Link. However, I'm still not sure if I am oat intolerant or not so I cannot offer any insight on that. Perhaps another option for you though.

tuxedocat Apprentice

I use Nishiki short grained rice, from 99 Ranch. I've also used a kind of black rice from there. No problems with it, but don't quote me on that because I don't know what the actual documentation on these products is.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carebear Apprentice

Oh thanks Mateto! That's a brilliant idea! I'll head there this week.

As for Lundberg, I dont believe it isn't oat cc'd. They use oats as their cover crop so there would likely be lots of cc (there's a video about it on the lundberg website). It gets me, dh and all! I know other super sensitives have had problems with it. gar!

Archived