This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I should be able to.

Right now i'm still dealing with this cold, my ears are itching deep within and so is my throat. Ugh, I love you cereal for getting this started (it should be noted that i have no issues with milk or ceral, when i get sick like this generally my throat and ears itch). Its decreased to mostly my ears but still <_<

You might get some relief from the cold doing a hydrogen peroxide soak in your ears once a day,

and when my ears get itchy I put a little olive oil in them. It's soothing and virucidal.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

You might get some relief from the cold doing a hydrogen peroxide soak in your ears once a day,

and when my ears get itchy I put a little olive oil in them. It's soothing and virucidal.

I use hydrogen peroxide too. My inner ear gets itchy whenever my body is flaring. Never heard of olive oil - will give that a try next time.

Shadow- so sorry to hear of your professor's passing. If you are feeling up to it get to the memorial - it doesn't take away the loss, but certainly helps process it.

Hoping you are feeling strong very soon.

I had a wicked earwax impaction, and had been putting a drop of olive oil in each ear

and squidging it around by mushing that ear flap thing that covers the hole every

day for two weeks, and finally saw the ENT doc, and he said it was actually quite

a good idea and made the removal much less traumatic than it would have

been otherwise, and it's also a very good idea when your ears feel dry/itchy inside

when sick or in the winter. So the internets gave me the idea, but the ENT doc

gave it a thumbs up. Don't get much better than that! I soak a q-tip in olive oil, stick

it just inside the ear canal, and then press it against the side to squeeze out the oil.

I should put it in a dropper, that would be easier.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Vinyl is back! My 19 year old is collecting now -- bought him a turn table last Christmas with USB connection so they can transfer their vinyl to digital...yep...stay tuned we are not as old as we thought - well that may be going a bit too far ;)

The current vinyl comes in a wide variety of colors, transparent, opaque, etc. -- not the solid black of yesteryear - kinda cool.

I have all of my parents' vinyl from the 50's thru 70's! I CHERISH them!!! Lots of Beatles 45s!

HAHAHAAAA! I have the Devil Went Down to Georgia on my playlist and it was playing

along at the same tempo as Rachelle's dancing girl in her signature! LOL :lol: :lol:

shadowicewolf Proficient

Yeah, i'm planning on it now.

I've heard of olive oil and have done peroxide before. I was one of those kids that had ear infections every other week it seemed. It stopped once i moved away from FL. Hmmmm....

GFinDC Veteran

Since you all are talking about wax, and it's getting to be the cold and dry air time of year,..

You can make a hand/skin lotion very easily. Just get some beeswax and melt it with a little olive oil. Stir it and let it cool. The oil will keep it soft or even liquidy if you add enough. That's all there is to it. Unless you want to add wonderful additional ingredients, like lemon scent or exotic sounding oils or what not. It's very easy to make a lotion this way. Before applying lotion you should rinse your hands with plain water to moisturize the skin. Then apply the lotion to seal the moisture in.

This is the end of your public service announcement.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

I found out from another history professor of mine that the vice chancellor of my school maybe doing a memorial for my late professor. I'm planning on attending if i can. She helped me so much and i figured it would only be a good thing for me to attend.

I'll be out of sorts for the next few days, no doubt. Times like these are when i really appreciate this forum.

so sorry to hear of your loss. We are all sending you condolences and warm fuzzy hugs.

Love,Loey

shadowicewolf Proficient

so sorry to hear of your loss. We are all sending you condolences and warm fuzzy hugs.

Love,Loey

:)

Loey Rising Star

Haha, it's not a baby of mine, two friends of mine have now had their babies and I couldn't

be happier with all the snugglin' I'm getting!

Please get some snuggles in for me. Found out today I have a heavy duty case of Epstein Barr to add to my list of ailments. At least I know why I nap so frequently.

Hugz,

Loey

kareng Grand Master

Please get some snuggles in for me. Found out today I have a heavy duty case of Epstein Barr to add to my list of ailments. At least I know why I nap so frequently.

Hugz,

Loey

LO! I'm sending the Guiness Book of World records people to you. I believe you have had almost every ailment possible in the last 2 years! Sleep and get well!

celiac-mommy Collaborator

HAHAHAAAA! I have the Devil Went Down to Georgia on my playlist and it was playing

along at the same tempo as Rachelle's dancing girl in her signature! LOL :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hugz,

Loey

LO-You must stop all of this!!! You MUST get better and you MUST stop adding sh!t to your list!!!!!

It's an order!

fwiw... ;)

:wub: :wub:

tom Contributor

I think I'll make that PROCLAMATION FOUR.

Jestgar Rising Star

All Psills must become well?

Sounds good to me

mushroom Proficient

TO HE WHO LIVETH ON HIGH:

Dost thou have a magic wand that thee could wave vaguely in the direction of afflicted subjects to accomplish this? Thanks, much appreciated!

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Over here, no, no, left a bit...

elye Community Regular

Wolfie, I am so sorry to hear about your professor. A memorial would be a good thing...it often is for many..... . ..

Well, King Ptaoughmnn, I know what Proclamation Five needs to be. At least, The Ripper has requested this:

Please proclaimeth THAT:

"EPT" is a word.

. . ....and that we all need to start using it.

He has realized that the word "inept" exists, but no contrary condition.

While I am quite ept at spotting dangling participles, mathS remains a place where I stumble madly about.....

:lol:

tom Contributor

Hmmmm . .he's certainly got me all jacked to wield some power. :D

I may quite well be apt to opt for ept. smileys-king-741814.gif

On a related note, our clement bayarea weather takes a 5 day break tomorrow.

Yah, everyone who lives on the East Coast has no sympathy for the King.... :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient

I love King Ptm.'s smiley wif a crown :D

Ept--I like it. Definitely fills a void.....

jerseyangel Proficient

LO-You must stop all of this!!! You MUST get better and you MUST stop adding sh!t to your list!!!!!

It's an order!

fwiw... ;)

:wub: :wub:

Yeah--this, Lo! Jeesh :(

tom Contributor

It's decided.

In honoUr of the admirable efforts & all-around eptness of The Ripper & cohorts in the production of Woody Allen's Don't Drink The Water [ohbummeritwontshowimg]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151309767266043&set=a.10150151170591043.343333.558001042&type=1&relevant_count=1

******PROCLAMATION smileys-king-741814.gif FIVE******

As a useful contrast to the word Inept, Ept is officially Royally Recognized as its opposite & has been added to the Psillyville Royal Dictionary.

Or will be added. Did it get left in the other thread? So little time to pack . .. whaddaya grab first?

tom Contributor

I love King Ptm.'s smiley wif a crown :D

The credit goes to Emmmerley for that one. Grabbed the url right out of her congrats post. smileys-king-741814.gif

mushroom Proficient

It's decided.

In honoUr of the admirable efforts & all-around eptness of The Ripper & cohorts in the production of Woody Allen's Don't Drink The Water [ohbummeritwontshowimg]http://www.facebook....elevant_count=1

******PROCLAMATION smileys-king-741814.gif FIVE******

As a useful contrast to the word Inept, Ept is officially Royally Recognized as its opposite & has been added to the Psillyville Royal Dictionary.

Or will be added. Did it get left in the other thread? So little time to pack . .. whaddaya grab first?

If the Psillllyville Royal Dictionary did, in fact, get left behind in the mad retreat to Psillyville 2, methinks it could be recreated. If we each contribute one word per day, and put someone (not me, she says quickly) in charge of the compilation thereof, should be done in no time. We already have two words today, ept and clement in nonalphabetical order. I will post my contribution shortly.

Jestgar Rising Star

So little time to pack . .. whaddaya grab first?

I got nuthin :( Showed up and the padlock was already on. Drat that thread-pulling admin guy anyway. I'm sure there was a pair o' shoes or sumpin' I really needed. :angry: