This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Our Content
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Face Cream

tanvee

tanvee Rookie

Is it important to use gluten free face cream? With that said does anything in this list scream gluten to you? I can't make heads or tails of this stuff yet.

Aqua, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Retinyl Palmitate (Pure Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Pure Vitamin E ), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tapioca Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, ChamomillaRecutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Is it important to use gluten free face cream? With that said does anything in this list scream gluten to you? I can't make heads or tails of this stuff yet.

Aqua, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Retinyl Palmitate (Pure Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Pure Vitamin E ), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tapioca Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, ChamomillaRecutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C).

These ingredients look fine to me--I'd try it. Hops are gluten free, if you were wondering about that.

I found a nice line of facial products--cleansers, wipes, creams, etc. called Simple. I called them, and the whole line is gluten-free. I think their eye cream is better than much more expensive ones I have tried. I use the light moisturizer as a hand cream since it truly fragrance free. Easily found at drug stores.

As for whether or not to use gluten-free facial products, that is up to you.

K10 Newbie

The only thing I wonder about is the tocopheryl. I'm not sure I've fully grasped the concept of which one is safe and which ones are not safe.

Patti, could you share the brand you use? I'm also looking for gluten-free face cream

jerseyangel Proficient

The only thing I wonder about is the tocopheryl. I'm not sure I've fully grasped the concept of which one is safe and which ones are not safe.

Patti, could you share the brand you use? I'm also looking for gluten-free face cream

It is called "Simple"

Open Original Shared Link

As far as the tocopheryl, it can occasionally be derived from wheat. It is so processed that it doesn't cause problems for many, but for the most sensitive it makes sense to call the manufacturer and ask. From my own experience calling companies (not scientific at all), soy is commonly the source but always check if you feel uncomfortable.

Archived